Frontrunning: November 11
- Irish borrowing costs hit high, EU says has tools to act (Reuters)
- Obama Presses Hu on Yuan as Trade Imbalances Divide G-20 (Bloomberg)
- Irish bank chief eyes foreign buyers (FT),
which means after Greece and Portugal, the PBoC will soon add Ireland
to its European holdings, and further reduce the Fed's European sphere
- Geithner Moves to Soothe G20 Currency Tensions (Reuters)
- G-20 Nears Pact but Tensions Still Fester (WSJ)
- Asia's Central Banks Face a Policy Dilemma (BusinessWeek)
- Makeovers on Hold as Consumer Caution Validates Bernanke (Bloomberg)
- "Jersey Shore" lifts Viacom profit (Reuters)
- Why the Fed's QEII Will Not Work (RCM)
- The Global War over Currencies (FT)
- Western Union, MoneyGram May Lose as Fed Sets Remittance Rules (Bloomberg)
- U.K. Regulator Adopts Mobile-Phone Taping Rules Over Protests From Banks (Bloomberg)
- Deficit Panel Leaders Propose Curbs On Social Security, Major Cuts In Spending, Tax Breaks (WaPo)
- SEC Asked to End S&P's `Chilling' Fees for Security ID Numbers (Bloomberg)
- Li: China to deepen trade ties with UK (China Daily)
- Sweden CPI Level for October 305.57 – in line with expectations.Consensus 305.57. Previous 304.6.
- Sweden CPI - Headline Rate for October 0.3% m/m 1.5% y/y – in line with expectations.Consensus 0.3% m/m 1.5% y/y. Previous 0.8% m/m 1.4% y/y.
- Sweden SW CPI - CPIF for October 0.3% m/m 1.8% y/y – in line with expectations.Consensus 0.3% m/m 1.8% y/y. Previous 0.8% m/m 1.8% y/y.
- Sweden AMV Unemployment Rate for October 4.5% – in line with expectations.Consensus 4.5%. Previous 4.7%.
- Australia Consumer Inflation Expectation 3.1%. Previous 3.8%.
- Australia Employment Change 29.7K – higher than expected. Consensus 20.0K. Previous 49.6K.
- Australia Unemployment Rate 5.4% - higher than expected. Consensus 5.0%. Previous 5.1%.
- Australia Full Time Employment Change -14.1K. Previous 59.4K.
- Australia Part Time Employment Change 43.8K. Previous -9.8K.
- Australia Participation Rate 65.9% - higher than expected. Consensus 65.6%. Previous 65.6%.
- Japan Domestic CGPI 0.2% m/m 0.9% y/y – higher than expected. Consensus -0.2% m/m 0.5% y/y. Previous 0.0% m/m -0.1% y/y.
- Japan Buying Foreign Bonds¥404.8B. Previous ¥566.3B.
- Japan Buying Foreign Stocks ¥19.8B. Previous ¥28.8B.
- Foreign Buying Japan Bonds -¥306.6B. Previous ¥374.1B.
- Foreign Buying Japan Stocks ¥191.8B. Previous -¥51.0B.
- Japan Tokyo Avg.Office Vacancies 8.9%. Previous 9.0%.