Frontrunning: October 27
- Foreclosure Lawyers Go to Gardner's Farm for Edge on Lenders (Bloomberg)
- Employers in U.S. Start Bracing for Higher Tax Withholding (Bloomberg)
- Fed leaks more data via WSJ: Fed Gears Up for Stimulus, and will buy
trillions, $100 billion at a time as long as Depression continues and
bonds available for purchase don't run out (WSJ)
- Fed looks set for new round of monetary easing (Reuters)
- Florida Foreclosure Auction Cancellations `Frustrating' to Judge (Bloomberg)
- Asian Leaders Head to Hanoi Amid Concern at China Yuan (Bloomberg)
- Fed Won't Join Banks in Discount-Window Appeal (WSJ)
- CNBC now just 9 months behind the curve, discovers insider selling: Insider Selling Volume at Highest Level Ever Tracked (CNBC)
- Greek Bonds Tumble as Government Says Tax Revenue Falling Short (Bloomberg)
- Korea Says May Need Capital Controls After Won Surge; Currency, Bonds Fall (Bloomberg)
- On the CNY-USD: It ain't easy being green (Michael Pettis)
- Deutsche Bank Pays Investment Bankers More Than Goldman Sachs (Bloomberg)
- The real foreclosure mess: Lack of accountability for banks (WaPo)
- Job Losses Outweigh Obama’s Successes (NYT)
- Q&A with Elizabeth Warren: 'The changes are starting now' (LA Times)
- Euro-Zone M3 s.a. 3 mth ave. for September 0.8% - lower than expected. Consensus 0.9%. Previous 0.5%.
- Euro-Zone M3 s.a. for September 1.0% - lower than expected.Consensus 1.3% y/y. Previous 1.1% y/y.
- France Consumer Spending for September 1.5% m/m 1.1% y/y - higher than expected. Consensus 0.4% m/m -0.3% y/y. Previous -1.6% m/m 1.2% y/y.
- Italy Business Confidence for October 99.8 - higher than expected.Consensus 98.5. Previous 98.6.
- Sweden Household Lending for September 8.9%.Previous 8.8% y/y.
- Australia Consumer Prices 0.7% q/q 2.8% y/y – lower than expected. Consensus 0.8% q/q 2.9% y/y. Previous 0.6% q/q 3.1% y/y.
- Australia RBA Trimmed Mean 0.6% q/q 2.5% y/y – lower than expected.Consensus 0.7% q/q 2.6% y/y. Previous 0.5% q/q 2.7% y/y.
- Australia RBA Trimmed Median 0.5% q/q 2.3% y/y – lower than expected.Consensus 0.7% q/q 2.6% y/y. Previous 0.5% q/q 2.7% y/y.
- Japan Small Business Confidence 46.4.Previous 47.3.