Jan Hatzius Issues A Correction To Bernanke's Take Of The Goldman Analyst's Report

Tyler Durden's picture




 
0
Your rating: None
 

- advertisements -

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Wed, 03/02/2011 - 11:05 | 1011103 101 years and c...
101 years and counting's picture

Feds cutting spending, States and munis doing the same. Consumers getting scared of oil, as gas goes up .35 in 1 week (discretionary spending just collapsed).  Oh yeah...home prices at 2002 levels. 

But, the DOW is at the highs last seen in summer, 2008.

Wed, 03/02/2011 - 11:08 | 1011111 emsolý
emsolý's picture

My question is: what business has the chairman of the Fed referencing a Goldman Sachs report? I thought he had some (enough) Fed economists working for him.

Wed, 03/02/2011 - 11:13 | 1011128 lbrecken
lbrecken's picture

Sham now the crook is qouting GS who has been in the criminal circle for years now?  Boy they are coming out of the closet now.....

Wed, 03/02/2011 - 11:14 | 1011133 oogs66
oogs66's picture

His economists wouldn't have passed his course so he doesn't trust them? Plus why not just admit Goldman has been determining fed and treasury policy for at least a few years!

Wed, 03/02/2011 - 11:22 | 1011172 Internet Tough Guy
Internet Tough Guy's picture

DX plummeting. Is Bernanke talking?

Wed, 03/02/2011 - 12:37 | 1011527 imapopulistnow
imapopulistnow's picture

Goldman playing semantic games to curry favor with the White House.  Same with Zandi.

Wed, 03/02/2011 - 18:01 | 1012957 hooligan2009
hooligan2009's picture

what crap is this?

gdp is 15 trillion, 86 billion is 0.6% of gdp. with a little second order effects, that's all we need to know.

hatzius telling bernanke how to read his working papers?  wtf!!

let's mine hatzius' data.

down 1% annualised q1, then annualised 1.5% to 2% in q2/q3 then no GDP impact.

unanuallised = 0.25% in q1 then a mid of 0.44% in q1/q2. total 0.69%

simple..not bs, same number..so all we are getting is that spending cuts take effect over 3 quarters..

NEXT! i will send the fed some arithmetic and pay myself 2.5 million a year with fed dollars...

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!