And so Olli Rehn, piggybacking on all the recent nuclear hysteria, takes Mutual Assured Destruction to a whole new mushroom cloud level:
- REHN SAYS A DEBT RESTRUCTURING COULD CAUSE A 'CHAIN REACTION'
This is better known as "MAD - Fission" Fusion
And some other exercises in MADdening:
- STRAUSS-KAHN SAYS GREEK GOVERNMENT `HAS BEEN VERY BOLD'
- STRAUSS-KAHN SAYS IMF AID TO IRELAND, PORTUGAL `WILL WORK'
- REHN SAYS CANNOT SEE PRIVATE SECTOR INVOLVEMENT IN DEBT RESTRUCTURING UNDER CURRENT FRAGILE SITUATION IN EUROPE
But, but, the recession ended 9 months ago? Unless of course those wily NBER "economists" were only keeding...
Yet this one is FTMFW:
- STRAUSS-KAHN OBAMA BUDGET PLAN `GOES IN RIGHT DIRECTION'
$300 million in cuts on $20 trillion in deficits... Can excel even calculate that?