A Majority Of Americans Believe The US Government No Longer Operates Within The Constitution
A rather indicative poll released by Rasmussen earlier this week finds that a majority of Americans (44%) now believe that the government operates outside the confines of the Constitution, compared to just 39% who believe government does not take liberties with the precepts laid out by the founding fathers (and 17% were busy watching dancing with the stars to have an opinion either way). Some other unflattering findings on US democracy: "Earlier surveys have shown that just one-in-five voters believe that the government today has the consent of the governed.
Forty-eight percent (48%) see the government as a threat to individual rights.
According to the Declaration of Independence, governments are formed to protect certain inalienable rights." Not surprisingly, politicians are shown to not only be usurping and incompetent despots but biased as well: "As is often the case, there’s a wide gap between the perceptions of the Political Class
and those of Mainstream voters when it comes to the federal government.
Eighty-three percent (83%) of Political Class voters say the government
now operates within constitutional limits, but 62% of those in the
Mainstream don’t share that view." Most worryingly, "nearly two-out-of-three voters (65%) are at least somewhat angry at the current policies of the federal government, including 40% who are Very Angry." That's 65% with not even a whiff of austerity on the horizon...
While we uge readers to read the full survey for all queries, the following financial-related disclosure is important as it shows that the path the government is on will continue to make the vast majority of the American population increasingly angrier.
Despite continuing gun control efforts by federal, state and local
governments, Americans overwhelmingly believe the Constitution
guarantees the right of the average citizen to own a gun.
- At the same time, most voters (65%) say they prefer a smaller government with lower taxes rather than one with more services and higher taxes.
- Most Americans say the government already has too much influence over the economy and is involved in too many things that would be better left to the private sector.
- Seventy percent (70%) of voters think big government and big business generally work together against the interests of investors and consumers.
If readers find these results disappointing now, we suggest waiting until austerity is adopted and 5 year interest-free installment plans are no longer offered on those 10 LCD TVs you just must have.
And while the topic of the Federal Reserve was not breached this time, the last time around Ben Bernanke's despotic institution was discussed, nearly 90% of Americans (those who actually knew what it is) expressed a very unfavorable opinion. The other 10% were probably all Wall Street executives.
- advertisements -