Momo Quant Shops Hiring, No Prior Finance Experience Necessary
Quant shops are now aggressively seeking to expand as momo trading is the new killing it. So if you have heard of pattern matching and heatmapping, feel free to apply. Even better if you know nothing about finance and economics.
Jane Street is so kind to layout the specific requirements they need in a trader:
Trading candidates should be:
- Excellent quantitatively, with a strong understanding of probability and statistics
- Effective communicators in a close-knit team setting
- Motivated, competitive and eager to learn and teach
- Able to solve new problems quickly in the hectic environment of a busy desk or exchange floor
- Excited to engage in impromptu and exploratory debate on trading strategy and risk
Previous experience or course work in finance, business, or economics is NOT required.
And, in something that is almost eerily out of Wall Street Warriors, here are some snapshots of the barely legals who yank the market higher on every downtick, courtesy of Hudson River Trading.