Ron Paul Before The Cato Institute On Bringing Transparency To The Federal Reserve
A one hour program in which Ron Paul provides the basics of the Federal Reserve and why it is high time transparency was introduced to this most critical of institutions. Must watch.
A ten minute segment is provided below:
Here are the separate segments:
- Interest in the Federal Reserve in the 1970's
- Bill to open the books at the Fed
- Willfully blind regulatory agencies
- The Fed is answerable to Congress
- Should Fed lend money to the private sector?
- Ron Paul's response
- The Fed plays many roles
- Q1: The chance for Congressman Paul's bill
- Q2: More challenges to Fed Chairman and Treasury Secretary
- Q3: Safety concerns
- Q4: Why bailouts helped
- Q5: Open up currency competition
- Q6: Fed Audit will lower confidence
- Q7: Money created out of thin air
The full program can be seen on Fora TV's website.