Themis Trading's Top Ten Market Structure Predictions For 2011
We present Themis Trading's Top Ten Market Structure predictions for 2011. At the way things are going, they may just hit 10 out of 10.
From Themis Trading:
We give you our market structure predictions for the coming year, albeit a few weeks late. Better late than never!
- A certain large exchange eliminates flash-order types in
equities, but implements them at the NJ Food Bank. David Tepper is
- NYSE apologizes. Tears down Mahwah. Hires back 486 traders from Staten Island.
- A large Chicago HFT firm hires Joe Saluzzi.
- Tyler Durden of ZeroHedge closes up shop and goes to trade
double inverse ETF’s of baskets of CDO’s that start trading on
- Funding is increased at the SEC through a corporate
sponsorship program whereby financial firms can sponsor specific line
items in Rules.
- The Bernank announces a new Exchange in which rebates are
given on added AND taken liquidity; volume explodes. Dow hits 20,000.
- A major fund manager introduces Single-Stock ETF’s, in which
ETF’s are created to track the performance of specific individual
- Warren Buffet starts a High Frequency Value Fund.
- FastFiberInc launches a new dark fiber route that exceeds the speed of light by 16 mph.
- Dark Pool volume hits 100%, public quote abolished.
- advertisements -