Stocks popped on some bloomberg flashing red headlines from the Fed's Beige Book but quickly faded as bonds did not move. The reality - summed up in the worldcloud - is 'mixed' - for sales, for prices, for demand, for jobs.
- *FED DISTRICT BANKS SAID `CREDIT STANDARDS WERE LITTLE CHANGED'
- *FED DISTRICT BANKS SAID MANUFACTURING WAS `SOMEWHAT IMPROVED'
- *FED DISTRICTS SAID `OVERALL LOAN DEMAND INCREASED SLIGHTLY'
- *MOST FED BANKS SAID `WAGE PRESSURES REMAINED MODEST'
- *FED BANKS SAID `EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS WERE LITTLE CHANGED'
- *FED DISTRICTS SAID CONSUMER SPENDING WAS `FLAT TO UP SLIGHTLY'