The Week That Was: April 8th-12th 2013
Succinctly summarizing the positive and negative news, data, and market events of the week...
- Hans & Franz Winklevoss own a lot of Bitcoins, this can only end well
- Yen continues to surge, along with the Nikkei -- Is the bottom in?
- Consensus is 3% YOY earnings growth in Q1 as we enter earnings season - Will financials lead the way?
- Goldman sees S&P at 1,900 … in 2015
- Obama releases 2014 budget -- Moar taxes, Moar Housing 'Recovery'
- S&P 500 hits new all-time nominal high
- Bernanke and Kuroda Capital LLC: Overweight Call on the S&P
- Weekly jobless claims fall
- Short squeeze carries RUT higher
- Good news: IMF model shows there is no risk anywhere in the marketplace
- JPMorgan beats earnings expectations (on huge loan loss release)
- Risk appetite return as ‘Safe-haven’ gold at 21-month low, even as volatility rises
- Mark it zero dude: NFIB shows 0% of their members planning to hire
- JCP left in turmoil as CEO Ron Johnson is out
- Next up for the fairness doctrine: Australia now taxing retirement accounts
- European financials drop to 7 month lows, recouple with credit
- Fitch cut China's local government debt rating
- Slovenia may test template/non-template jawboning…
- Meet Brian Gross, the Fed Employee who leaked the FOMC minutes -- "the one you go to when you need solid information, and fast"
- EU considers going after money market accounts to help fund their insolvency
- Japanese bond market volatility explodes
- Shipments of PC's worldwide collapse
- Spanish home prices plunge
- 28% of 401(k)s have loans against them
- Retail Sales drop most since June
- Consumer Confidence plunges
- Cyprus Central Bank implodes
- US drops a late tape-bomb - asking "Japan to refrain from competitive devaluation" - bad for FX carry trade and risk
- Former UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has passed away – Rest In Peace
- Don't forget to petition for inclusion in the Fed's early distribution newsletter
- advertisements -