Update: Boston Bombing Suspect HAS NOT BEEN Arrested; Boston Courthouse Evacuated
First we got headlines coming out, from CNN and WCVB TV in Boston, that a suspect is now in custody:
- Law enforcement official: Boston Marathon bomb suspect in custody, expected in federal court.
- Janet Wu reports it is a man who was arrested.
- The officials says the suspect is to be taken into custody by federal marshals and taken to a courthouse.
- There is no immediate word on where the arrest was made.
- Suspects at Federal Court are brought into an entrance away from public view.
- Jack Harper says the security at the Federal Courthouse is almost unprecedented.
- A source tells Newscenter5's WuWCVB that one male suspect delivered both bombs.
BREAKING: Law enforcement official: Boston Marathon bomb suspect in custody, expected in federal court. -BW
— The Associated Press (@AP) April 17, 2013
Then this became a media pissing match with both NBC and Reuters denying reports from CNN, AP and WCVB (on the ground), that no arrest has been made.
* * *
And now CNN is denying its original report that a suspect has been arrested. At least no report yet of the Boston Federal Court being under 9 feet of water.
Finally, here comes the FBI:
- NO ARRESTS MADE IN BOSTON MARATHON BOMBING CASE, FBI SAYS
And the Boston Police itself chimes in:
Despite reports to the contrary there has not been an arrest in the Marathon attack.
— Boston Police Dept. (@Boston_Police) April 17, 2013
Well - "New Normal" media.
Latest: Boston courthouse now being evacuated due to a Code Red, as well as Brigham Hospital:
BOSTON: CODE RED INSIDE BOSTON FEDERAL COURT HOUSE, COURT HOUSE AND BRIGHAM HOSPITAL BEING EVACUATED. MCI DECLARED! #911BUFF
— 911 Operator (@911BUFF) April 17, 2013
Here is live coverage from the Boston Federal Court via WCVB Boston: