Obama Receives Ricin Letter - White House Webcast At 11:45 EDT
Yesterday Sarin for Senators, now suspicious substances sent to Obama? CNN reports:
- LETTER WITH SUSPICIOUS SUBSTANCE WAS SENT TO OBAMA: CNN
- SECRET SERVICE: SUSPICIOUS LETTER TO OBAMA RECEIVED YESTERDAY
- CNN says letter was found at off-site mail-screening facility, substance is unknown, cites unidentified Secret Service officials.
It appears the "suspicious substance" was not a balanced budget, but sarin toxin instead, as the letter received in the Senate yesterday.
Suspicious letter addressed to Obama has tested positive for ricin (as did letter to Sen Roger Wicker (R-MS)
And then this:
- Capitol police are evacuating part of Hart Senate office building (first floor) because of a suspicious package
- SUSPICOUS PACKAGE FOUND IN THE ATRIUM AND SUSPICOUS ENVELOPE FOUND ON THIRD FLOOR OF THE HART BUILDING. FOX.
- CAPITOL POLICE ORDERING PEOPLE ON HIGHER FLOORS TO GO INTO OFFICES. FIRST FLOOR OF HART EVACUATED DUE TO SUSPICOUS PACKAGE. CNN.
From the Hill:
Authorities have intercepted a letter to the White House that tested positive for ricin poison, according to multiple media reports.
The Secret Service has acknowledged the letter addressed to President Obama contained a suspicious substance but has not stated it was ricin, a deadly poison.
On Tuesday, lawmakers revealed that a letter addressed to Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) had tested positive for the poison.
The Secret Service said the letter was sent to Obama on April 16 and was discovered at a remove White House mail screening facility.
"This facility routinely identifies letters or parcels that require secondary screening or scientific testing before delivery," the Secret Service said in a statement. "The Secret Service White House mail screening facility is a remote facility, not located near the White House complex, that all White House mail goes through."
Our take home from all of this is that the USPS appears to still be in business. Amazing.
White House holds briefing on this 2001 flashback event which can only mean a major military escalation somewhere, anywhere is forthcoming:
- advertisements -