The much-anticipated statement of the most powerful body in the world is upon us -
- FED MAINTAINS $85 BILLION MONTHLY PACE OF BOND BUYING
- FED SAYS LABOR MARKET SHOWS `FURTHER IMPROVEMENT'
- FIFTEEN OF 19 FOMC OFFICIALS SEE FIRST RATE RISE AFTER 2014
- FED SAYS DOWNSIDE RISKS DIMINISHED SINCE AUTUMN
- BULLARD, GEORGE DISSENT FROM FOMC STATEMENT
Ding Ding: we now have a new dissenter in addition to Esther George: James Bullard. And - as usual - there's a little in there for everyone aside from the fact that the rose-colored glasses view on the economy suggests that they will be, in factm, tapering at some point soon, which the market is not very happy with right now...
Pre-FOMC: S&P 500 Futs 1645, 10Y 2.21%, USDJPY 95.25, Gold $1375, Oil $98.50
May-to-June Redline comparison