As Egypt Burns, Obama "Strongly Condemns" Violence From Martha's Vineyard Vacation House
Those damn Egyptians are so inconsiderate: first they non-coup just when John Kerry is busy honing his sailing skills. Now, the non-coupy country breaks out in civil war just as Obama is on vacation in Martha's Vineyard. Well, Egypt may be important enough to serve as a middleman when the US pays Lockheed Martin using Egypt as a dumb intermediary, but is obviously not important enough for Obama to cancel his vacation. Moments ago in an audio-only presentation (couldn't russle enough Martha's Vineyardians for the podium behind him? Were his sleeves rolled up? Was he reading from paper or a teleprompter? The people demand to know), Obama joined Kerry in "strongly condemning" the violence that according to some has already spilled over into all out civil war.
Some of the highlights:
- OBAMA SAYS THE UNITED STATES STRONGLY CONDEMNS THE STEPS TAKEN BY EGYPT'S GOVERNMENT, CALLS FOR RIGHT TO PEACEFUL PROTEST
- OBAMA SAYS STATE OF EMERGENCY IN EGYPT SHOULD BE LIFTED, PROCESS OF NATIONAL RECONCILIATION MUST BEGIN
- OBAMA SAYS U.S. WANTS TO BE A PARTNER WITH EGYPT, IS GUIDED BY NATIONAL INTERESTS IN THIS LONG-STANDING RELATIONSHIP
- OBAMA SAYS `WE DEPLORE VIOLENCE AGAINST CIVILIANS'
- OBAMA SAYS EGYPTIAN PEOPLE `DESERVE BETTER'
- OBAMA SAYS U.S. DOES NOT `TAKE SIDES' IN EGYPT
- OBAMA SAYS U.S. COOPERATION WITH EGYPT CANNOT CONTINUE AS USUAL
- OBAMA SAYS U.S. CANCELLING JOINT MILITARY EXERCISES WITH EGYPT
Full speech as soon as we get it but in the meantime the message is clear: will Egypt please hurry up and blow up in mushroom cloud of smoke - the US needs to boost its deficit spending immediately as otherwise Bernanke's monetizing buttons are tied.
Here is the word cloud of Obama's speech: really who needs more.
Full Obama speech:
- advertisements -
- advertisements -