Boehner Comes Out, "Supports Obama's Call For Action" Says Colleagues Should Also; Stocks Slide
Gold and silver prices are jumping, bonds are bid off their high yields, and US equities have dropped to the lows of the day as Boehner gets behind Obama:
- BOEHNER SAYS WILL SUPPORT OBAMA'S CALL FOR ACTION IN SYRIA, BELIEVES COLLEAGUES SHOULD DO THE SAME
- BOEHNER SAYS `ONLY THE UNITED STATES' CAN RESPOND TO SYRIA
- BOEHNER SAYS UN, NATO UNLIKELY TO TAKE ACTION ON SYRIA
Of course, given the military's moves over the weekend, was there really any de-escalation (as we warned Friday).
So what did the oil traders know that stocks didn't?
"So to sum up: since last week, when the entire world expected the US to attack Syria imminently, and when there were "only" 5 destroyers within striking distance, now that the sentiment is that war is far less probable, the US has an additional 4 destroyers from the Nimitz group, two marine ships, and an aircraft carrier.De-escalation? Not really. "
And Nancy chimes in:
- PELOSI SAYS DOES NOT BELIEVE CONGRESS WILL REJECT RESOLUTION CALLING FOR FORCE IN SYRIA
And now House Majority leader Cantor:
- *CANTOR SAYS HE WILL SUPPORT OBAMA ACTION IN SYRIA
- advertisements -