All Options Trading Halted, Or Another Day Another Exchange Breaks
Good news: the market's emergency selling preparedness test has been successful:
- U.S. OPTIONS EXCHANGES RSUMING TRADING AFTER OPRA ISSUE
Update, as supposedly things are unbroken again:
- as of 12:51 the CBOE and C2 are reopened and available for trading
It's just getting silly. Just like last week, the CBOE's OPRA has just given up the ghost.
And promptly, BATS "self-helps" itself against OPRA:
- BATS TO HALT OPTIONS TRADING FROM 1:30 PM UNTIL OPRA RESTORED
- BATS OPTIONS HALTS TRADING AT 1:30PM ON OPRA ISSUE
Curious where the stock volume has gone? All in the derivatives, as everything is now an ultra-short term bet on micromoves in underlying securities. Hence, now nearly daily breakages.
And now Nasdaq:
Finally, IB chimes in:
- Due to OPRA data dissemination issues all US OPTIONS trading venues have halted trading.
In other news, this is merely the exchanges appealing for help and screaming: please stop selling AAPL.
- advertisements -