Three Shot In Pittsburgh High School Shooting - Live Webcast
Lately not a day seems to pass without some tragic mass shooting. The latest comes from Pittsburgh, where Channel 11 News reports that three people were shot Wednesday afternoon outside Brashear High School.
Authorities have confirmed to Channel 11 News that three students were shot Wednesday afternoon outside Brashear High School.
According to emergency dispatchers, police were called to the school on Crane Avenue just before 3 p.m. Wednesday, minutes after the school dismissed for the day.
“All I heard were gunshots. I just thought it was kids playing around. My friend said, ‘A kid is laying on the ground, and there is blood.’ Everyone started running,” said senior Krystal Henson.
Homicide detectives told Channel 11 News that three men walked out of nearby woods and fired shots at three students were shot as they were coming out of the school.
The detectives said the shooters were described as three black males wearing all black. The shooters ran back into the woods after firing shots, police said.
Channel's Rick Earle has confirmed that authorities are looking for the three shooters in the woods behind the school.
Pittsburgh Public Schools spokeswoman Ebony Pugh confirmed to Channel 11’s Jodine Costanzo that one student was grazed in the head with a bullet.
According to sources, two of the students shot suffered non-life-threatening injuries, and one suffered a critical wound.
And from Live911:
- UPDATE 3:52PM EST: “3 men wearing all black” came out of the woods, opened fire, homicide detective tells @WPXI @passantino
- UPDATE 3:49PM EST: Police with K9?s, Aviation Units, and SWAT Teams are searching the nearby woods for at least one shooter. It is not known at this time if there is more than one shooter.
- UPDATE 3:43PM EST: The Middle School across from Brashear High School is now in lockdown as well.
- UPDATE 3:33PM EST: All 3 students at Pittsburgh HS were shot outside school. 2 in non life-threatening condition, 1 critical – @passantino.
- UPDATE 3:32PM EST: Reports are at least one person shot inside school, and one shot outside the school.
- UPDATE 3:26PM EST: Shooter is at large, police are searching the nearby woods.
- UPDATE 3:15PM EST: @realtimwilliams reports possibly 3 3 victims, shooter on the loose.
- 3:11PM EST: Pittsburgh Police dispatch reports that they are responding to a possible shooting at Brashear High School. Police are on the scene of the high school. Pittsburgh Police dispatch will only confirm that they are getting reports of at least three people shot. It’s not known if they are students.
- advertisements -