From hashish to drinking cheap whiskey in Chiang Mai clubs, the following clip rounds up the 'best of' Marc Faber over the last few years...
- On the elites - "I am not sure the thinkers are in Davos"
- On the media - "you are an optimist, keep on dreaming... us foreigners just laugh"
- On solutions - "cut government expenditures by 50%; fire half the government... including the President"
- On Americans - "people in the western world have abandoned personal responsibility"
- On government - "who would have faith in the US administration, certainly not someone who thinks"
- On Gold - "not to own gold is to trust central banks, and that you don't want to do in your life"
And another oldie but a goodie that sums up stimulus perfectly...
"The federal government is sending each of us a $600 rebate.
If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money goes to China.
If we spend it on gasoline it goes to the Arabs.
If we buy a computer it will go to India.
If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.
If we purchase a good car it will go to Germany.
If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy."