Ukraine To Seek Compensation From Russia For Seized Assets, Introduces Visas For Russians
Now that the non-fighting and the Crimean annexation is over, all that's left are cheap words and hollow threats.
First, Ukraine has effectively given up on claims to Crimea...
- UKRAINE TO REMOVE MILITARY FROM CRIMEA TO MAINLAND: PARUBIY
- UKRAINE TO SEEK DEMILITARIZED ZONE STATUS FOR CRIMEA: PARUBIY
... but hopes to make Russia's life more difficult:
- UKRAINE PLANS TO INTRODUCE VISA REGIME WITH RUSSIA: PARUBIY
And just in case Russia decides to steamroll unobstructed into other areas of East Ukraine, Kiev is pretending it is taking measures:
- UKRAINE TO FORTIFY MILITARY ON EASTERN BORDER: PARUBIY
- UKRAINE TO STRENGTHEN SECURITY AT NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS
Finally, Ukraine somehow still thinks it has any leverage:
- UKRAINE TO SEEK COMPENSATION FOR RUSSIA SEIZING ASSETS
And this stinger for Russia which will surely lose much sleep now:
- UKRAINE PLANS TO LEAVE CIS, PARUBIY SAYS
As for the US, it is just comical now:
- RUSSIA CREATING `DANGEROUS SITUATION,' CARNEY SAYS
- U.S. PREPARED TO IMPOSE FURTHER COSTS ON RUSSIA, CARNEY SAYS
Costs - drink. And speaking of "dangerous situations", perhaps the biggest danger here is that the US still thinks it is the sole superpower in a unipolar world. It clearly no longer is.
- advertisements -