"Ukraine In Very Dangerous Situation", No Lethal Assistance Coming Says White House
First it was the Russians who repeated they are "deeply concerned by the deaths in the Ukraine," and now it is the turn of the White House, through its speaker, Jay Carney, to chime in as well:
- RUSSIA DIRECTLY, INDIRECTLY SUPPORTING PROVOCATIONS: CARNEY
- UKRAINE HAS TO RESPOND TO PROVOCATIONS IN UKRAINE, CARNEY SAYS
- U.S. `ADMIRING' OF RESTRAINT UKRAINE GOVT HAS SHOWN: CARNEY
- U.S. WILL KEEP PRESSING RUSSIA ON DE-ESCALATION, CARNEY SAYS
- UKRAINE IN VERY `DANGEROUS' SITUATION, CARNEY SAYS
And yet, despite all the priase, Ukraine is on its own.
- U.S. NOT CONSIDERING LETHAL ASSISTANCE TO UKRAINE, CARNEY SAYS
- CARNEY REITERATES U.S. DOESN'T SEE MILITARY UKRAINE SOLUTION
In other words, as we said last week, if it is Ukraine's gambit, that its allies will come to its rescue upon a lethal escalation and provocation, "it will be sorely disappointed." It seems Ukraine is about to figure this our first hand.
- advertisements -