Update: ye olde CTRL+ALT+DEL trick seems to have done it and the computer "glitch" has been fixed.
FINAL UPDATE: FAA seems to have fixed the computer issues at the affected airports. Ground stops are being lifted.
— N. Jerzy Fire Alert (@NJerzyFireAlert) April 30, 2014
Now if only it was this easy to fix the busted economy and the rigged market.
* * *
The FAA has declared a "ground halt" on all flights at the following airports: BOS, BWI, DCA, EWR, FLL, JFK, LAS, LAX, LGA, MCO, MIA, PHL, TEB
- *COMPUTER PROVIDING AIR-TRAFFIC RADAR DISPLAY MALFUNCTIONING
LAX is citing "computer issues" as the reason (and a radar system crash across at least 3 Western states) which could mean delays up to 90 minutes.
@fotograaf FAA issued a ground stop at LAX due to computer issues. Contact them for details.
— LAX Airport (@flyLAXairport) April 30, 2014
According to the FAA site, the following airports are also on ground halt...
- BOS - General Edward Lawrence Logan International
- BWI - Baltimore-Washington International
- DCA - Ronald Reagan Washington National
- EWR - Newark International
- FLL - Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International
- JFK - John F Kennedy International
- LAS - Las Vegas McCarran International
- LAX - Los Angeles International
- LGA - La Guardia
- MCO - Orlando International
- MIA - Miami International
- PHL - Philadelphia International
- TEB - Teterboro