As we reported yesterday, Iraq, realizing it has neither the capacity nor the willingness to engage Al Qaeda's ISIS "spin off" did what every other oil-rich regime in such a situation does: asked Obama for "kinetic support." Moments ago Obama gave his response:
- OBAMA SAYS "I DON'T RULE OUT ANYTHING" WHEN IT COMES TO HELPING IRAQ DEAL WITH INSURGENTS
- OBAMA SAYS US HAS AN INTEREST IN MAKING SURE JIHADISTS DON'T GAIN A FOOTHOLD IN IRAQ
- OBAMA SAYS THERE WILL BE SHORT-TERM IMMEDIATE ACTIONS THAT NEED TO BE DONE MILITARILY IN IRAQ, US OFFICIALS LOOKING AT ALL OPTIONS
And here is why, as we predicted yesterday when faced with not only but two brand new scandals, the VA farce and the Berghdal "extraction" fiasco, the most likely outcome is war:
- OBAMA SAYS IRAQ `CLEARLY IS AN EMERGENCY SITUATION'
- OBAMA ADMINISTRATION SAID NOT CONSIDERING GROUND TROOPS IN IRAQ
- OBAMA SAYS US IS PREPARED TO TAKE MILITARY ACTION WHEN ITS NATIONAL SECURITY INTERESTS ARE THREATENED
So the US is about to unleash hell against the same Al Qaeda extremists it was arming across the border in Syria? Score one more for US foreign policy. Meanwhile, the one person who benefits the most from rising crude prices, that would be Putin for those who still don't get it, is laughing all the way to the bank.
Update: good news - the US won't be fighting Iraq's war alone. Here comes.... France:
- 'FRANCE'S FABIUS SAYS INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY MUST DEAL WITH IRAQ SITUATION URGENTLY
- FRANCE'S FABIUS SAYS JIHADIST SURGE PUTS TERRITORIAL UNITY OF IRAQ IN DOUBT AND IS MAJOR RISK FOR REGIONAL STABILITY
- FRANCE'S FABIUS SAYS INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY MUST DEAL WITH IRAQ SITUATION URGENTLY
Funny how France is so generous when pledging the aid of the international community and not, for example, that of France.