Virtual Currency Slides As FBI Prepares To Dump 144,341 "Silk-Road" Bitcoins
The FBI announces it is preparing to sell the 144,341 Bitcoins that were collected during raids in the online drug market Silk Road. While the WSJ reports, the timing and sales method are unclear, it is already weighing on the virtual currency as the Bitcoin traders front run the Fed's unwind...
- *FBI SAYS TO TRANSFER BITCOINS TO U.S. MARSHALS
- *FBI TRANSFER INVOLVED 144,341 BITCOINS SEIZED FROM SILK ROAD
- *US MARSHALS TO AUCTION BITCOINS FROM SILK ROAD CASE
- *US MARSHALS: AUCTION TO TAKE PLACE JUNE 27 6AM-6PM ET
- *U.S. MARSHALS SERVICE SEEKS BIDS FOR 29,656 BITCOINS
- advertisements -