Ukraine Rebels Find Black Box, Multiple Airlines Halt Routes Over Ukraine: Full MH 17 Update
The plot thickens. Moments ago, after Ukraine emergency services complained the crash probe was being hampered by separatists, it is these same "rebels" that appear to have found a key piece of the puzzle.
- PRO-RUSSIAN SEPARATISTS IN EASTERN UKRAINE SAY THEY HAVE FOUND "BLACK BOX" FLIGHT RECORDER OF DOWNED MALAYSIAN AIRLINER - INTERFAX
The question now is simple: what happens to the black box next, and perhaps more importantly - why anyone thinks a black box will have any information on who shot the missile that allegedly took down flight MH 17.
Here are the other notable updates in the past hour from Bloomberg:
- Putin’s plane may have been target of Ukrainian rocket: Interfax
- Russian President Vladimir Putin’s plane crossed route of crashed Malaysian plane near Warsaw, Interfax reports, citing unidentified person in Russian aviation service.
- Possible that Ukrainian rocket was fired from land or from military plane: Interfax cites source
- Plane that crashed was similar in size, color: Interfax
Obama Says U.S. Trying to Determine if U.S. Citizens on Plane
- Ukraine Crash Kills 23 U.S. Citizens: Interior Ministry Adviser
- Multiple airlines say they’re avoiding airspace in Eastern Ukraine
- Lufthansa to avoid E. Ukraine airspace on shot-down plane
- KLM avoids flying over concerned territory
- Alitalia says all routes over Ukraine, nearby airspace halted
- Aeroflot says flights going around Ukraine: RIA Novosti
- Air France says it’s stopped flying over E. Ukraine
- Turkish Airlines flights to avoid Ukraine airspace: Reuters
- Transaero to avoid flying over Ukrainian territory
- BA says its flights don’t use E. Ukraine airspace
- advertisements -