The plot thickens. Moments ago, after Ukraine emergency services complained the crash probe was being hampered by separatists, it is these same "rebels" that appear to have found a key piece of the puzzle.
- PRO-RUSSIAN SEPARATISTS IN EASTERN UKRAINE SAY THEY HAVE FOUND "BLACK BOX" FLIGHT RECORDER OF DOWNED MALAYSIAN AIRLINER - INTERFAX
The question now is simple: what happens to the black box next, and perhaps more importantly - why anyone thinks a black box will have any information on who shot the missile that allegedly took down flight MH 17.
Here are the other notable updates in the past hour from Bloomberg:
- Putin’s plane may have been target of Ukrainian rocket: Interfax
- Russian President Vladimir Putin’s plane crossed route of crashed Malaysian plane near Warsaw, Interfax reports, citing unidentified person in Russian aviation service.
- Possible that Ukrainian rocket was fired from land or from military plane: Interfax cites source
- Plane that crashed was similar in size, color: Interfax
Obama Says U.S. Trying to Determine if U.S. Citizens on Plane
- Ukraine Crash Kills 23 U.S. Citizens: Interior Ministry Adviser
- Multiple airlines say they’re avoiding airspace in Eastern Ukraine
- Lufthansa to avoid E. Ukraine airspace on shot-down plane
- KLM avoids flying over concerned territory
- Alitalia says all routes over Ukraine, nearby airspace halted
- Aeroflot says flights going around Ukraine: RIA Novosti
- Air France says it’s stopped flying over E. Ukraine
- Turkish Airlines flights to avoid Ukraine airspace: Reuters
- Transaero to avoid flying over Ukrainian territory
- BA says its flights don’t use E. Ukraine airspace