Greenspan Fears "False Dawn" In US Economy, Warns Of "Equity Correction At Some Point"
Equity bulls should be exuberant. The last time Alan Greenspan warned of exuberance and potential for a correction, stocks soared for a few more years. While Yellen's stock-picking skills have been questioned in recent days, Greenspan has once again weighed in:
- *GREENSPAN SAYS 'KEY QUESTION' IS WHETHER U.S. FACES FALSE DAWN
- *GREENSPAN PREDICTS AT SOME POINT EQUITIES TO HAVE CORRECTION
Although Greenspan declined to second-guess the Fed, he sees a problem moving toward "normalized" policy for his descendants.
Speaking on Bloomberg TV, Greenspan has lots to say...
- *GREENSPAN SAYS `OPEN QUESTION' WHETHER INFLATION WILL SURPRISE
- *GREENSPAN DECLINES TO `SECOND GUESS THE FED'
- *GREENSPAN SEES `A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY' ON ECONOMY
- *GREENSPAN SAYS `WE HAVE A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY OUT THERE'
- *GREENSPAN SAYS HE'S CONCERNED BY SLOWER OUTPUT PER HOUR
- *GREENSPAN SAYS PRODUCTIVITY WILL HAVE TROUBLE ACCELERATING
- *GREENSPAN SEES PROBLEM MOVING TOWARD `NORMALIZED' POLICY
He is also an oil analyst...
- *GREENSPAN SAYS OIL MARKET HAS EXCESS CAPACITY, SLACK
- *GREENSPAN: WITHOUT MIDDLE EAST TENSION OIL PRICES WOULD FALL
- *GREENSPAN: CRUDE WOULD BE $15-$20 LOWER IF NOT FOR MIDEAST WOES
And warns of US fiscal problems...
- *GREENSPAN SAYS U.S. LACKS `FISCAL RESOURCES'
- *GREENSPAN SAYS U.S. HAS `NO WAY TO FIND NEW REVENUES'
- *GREENSPAN SAYS U.S. `RUNNING OUT OF BUFFER IN ECONOMY'
- *GREENSPAN SAYS FISCAL POLICY MAY PUT STATUS OF DOLLAR AT RISK
And then there's this...
- *GREENSPAN SAYS DOLLAR HELD `IN EXTRAORDINARY ESTEEM'
Except in Russia, China, Brazil, and India?
- advertisements -