Last week we noted the 'exponential' nature of the cases (and deaths) from Ebola. This week, according to the latest death and case counts from the WHO - the trend has got exponential-er - with 69 new cases and 52 new deaths in the last 2 days. With health workers dying at a fast clip too, it is little surprise that rumors of an outbreak in France were quickly denied by the government. As FranceTV reports, Patrick Balkany, citing "reliable medical sources" claimed that that "several cases [Ebola] have been reported on the French territory." The Ministry of Health rapidly denied any cases of infection in France.
The trend of the outbreak just went even more parabolic...
- WHO SAYS 69 NEW EBOLA CASES REPORTED IN 4 NATIONS AUG. 7-9
WHO SAYS 52 DEATHS FROM EBOLA REPORTED IN 4 NATIONS AUG. 7-9
He cites "reliable medical sources" but does not specify which ones. In a statement published on its website, Patrick Balkany says that "several cases [Ebola] have been reported on the French territory. "
"So I asked the minister today, in a written question to be published in Official Journal in the coming days, kindly tell me how many cases with Ebola virus have so far been identified in France " , thus commend the deputy mayor of Levallois-Perret (Hauts-de- Seine).
Contacted by The Scan of Figaro , elected UMP confirmed his remarks. "The ministry was informed by my sources and it is still curious that we do not have response."
The Ministry of Health has also denied any cases of infection in France.