This page has been archived and commenting is disabled.

Chinese Troops 'Invade' 25Km Into India, "This Is Chinese Territory, Go Back"

Tyler Durden's picture




 

Update: who says media disinformation only takes place in Ukraine; apparently the same takes placed between India and China. Bloomberg cites an Indian army spokesman S.D. Goswami who denies Chinese entered territory in Ladakh, a mountainous area in northern India. "No incursion or encroachment of Indian territory by China has taken place along the India-China border,” Goswami says in statement. "There are areas along the border where India and China have differing perception” of line of actual control. “Due to both sides undertaking patrolling up to their respective.

Almost as if someone in the media world is eager to launch a war...

* * *

Fifteen months ago we reported China's stealth invasion of India's Ladakh region, and now, as PTI reports, Chinese troops are reported to have entered deep into Indian territory in Burtse area in Ladakh where they had pitched their tents last year. Indian troops spotted Chinese personnel 25 to 30 km from the perceived Line of Actual Control (LAC). PLA personnel carried flags reading "this is Chinese territory, go back" in their hands and they refused to move after being confronted by India's quick response team.

 

As DNA India reports,

Chinese troops are reported to have entered 25 to 30 km deep into Indian territory in Burtse area in Ladakh where they had pitched their tents last year that had led to a tense three-week standoff. Official sources said on Monday a patrol of Indian troops noticed the People's Liberation Army (PLA) personnel on Sunday while moving from their base towards the higher 'New Patrol base' post in Burtse area of North Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir. The area is at an altitude of 17,000 feet.

 

The sources said the troops after walking barely 1.5 km from their base spotted the Chinese personnel in Indian territory 25 to 30 km from the perceived Line of Actual Control (LAC).

 

...noticed the PLA personnel still sitting on the ground with flags reading "this is Chinese territory, go back" in their hands. A Quick Reaction Team had also accompanied the Indian patrol but nothing could be achieved as Chinese refused to budge from their position, the sources said, adding finally Indian troops returned to their base and informed their higher ups. Udhampur-based Army Spokesperson Col S D Goswami denied that any such incident had taken place but said there was no commonly delineated LAC between India and China which led to transgressions.

 

"There are areas along the border where India and China have differing perception of LAC. Due to both sides undertaking patrolling upto their respective perception of the LAC, transgressions do occur. However, no incursion or encroachment of Indian Territory by China has taken place along the India-China border," the spokesperson said in response to an email query.

 

He said India regularly takes up any transgression with the Chinese side through established mechanisms such as flag meetings, border personnel meetings and normal diplomatic channels like Working Mechanism on Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs. At these meetings, the issues are resolved through the provisions of various agreements between India and China, he added.

As we noted previously,

This area was in news last year due to 21-day stand off between India and Chinese troops which ended after four flag meetings between the two sides. Chinese PLA had pitched five tents in the area and claimed that it was a part of their territory.

*  *  *

We are sure this is just another geopolitical storm in a teacup - well stocks are up - as China flexes its muscles in a different (non-maritime) direction once again.

 

- advertisements -

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Mon, 08/18/2014 - 11:59 | 5109050 RaiZH
RaiZH's picture

This is total bullshit. 

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 12:14 | 5109144 Hellone
Hellone's picture

We are already at WWIII. The big players are just not ready to MAD, hence why we have all these proxy wars

Lotta double, triple, quadruple crossing going on while this is all goin down tho...from what I see the only glue that will keep the world together if nukes are not launched is economics they all know this hence why the strategic effort by the BRICS

The zionist know they can easily come on the other side of a collapse with golden dicks bling blingin all up in whitey's face...but population reduction must happen for the love his highest most fallen Lucifer...The west wants war the east wants a orderly transfer of power from west to east without shots being fired

The new nationalistic tone in China and Russia has them thinkin hmmm maybe we dont want to kill millions of our people again we done that before its the West's turn! good luck whitey prepare accordingly

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 12:27 | 5109208 Eaglewatch
Eaglewatch's picture

The sad part is china may have a point there. If a referendum is allowed in these parts of India they will choose to be citizens of china .

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 13:06 | 5109382 novictim
novictim's picture

Gee, that sounds really great.  Can apartment complexes take a vote to join other countries too? 

I get the feeling that the invasion of Crimea left some people here thinking that a local popular vote to secede  is a legitimate reason to do so.

No.  Nations are made up of ALL the members and all the members decide soverignty issues. 

Strange that we need to have this discussion.  I guess that a civics education was left out for many of you.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 14:48 | 5109977 corsair
corsair's picture

Where does "civics education" stand in Kosovo case?

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 17:14 | 5110738 MeelionDollerBogus
MeelionDollerBogus's picture

Last time I checked new nations were made by violent force. Has always been, still is today.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 12:41 | 5109248 ltsgt1
ltsgt1's picture

I see similarity between this latest land grab and the riot in Ferguson. The Chinese and the looters are both taking advantage of the weak and apologetic Commander in Chief of the US and the Incident Commander in Ferguson.

The poor shop keepers in Ferguson are like the Jews in Israel. They are on their own. My advice to the Chinese and the Russian is to take as much as you can now before we have a real president.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 17:00 | 5110694 MeelionDollerBogus
MeelionDollerBogus's picture

You are really, really bad at drawing parallels from reality. Israel on its own? Only the popular will of the people of Earth say it is so, not the powerful movement of money & arms by nations.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 12:43 | 5109264 Jethro
Jethro's picture

This has been going on for quite a while.

I was stationed at the American Embassy in New Delhi from 92-93.  I interacted with all sorts of people, at all different levels.  China has been a clear aggressor in Ladakh and all over eastern India (primarily Arunachal Pradesh).  When I think of China, I think of a plague of locusts.  What you don't hear about often are the minor border skirmishes/intrusions by the PLA.  I'm actually suprised this made the news.

Even with all of India's flaws, and there many, the Indians are nationalists and will rally to the cause.  Indian leadership constsantly hamstrings progress in India due to systematic corruption (top to bottom, everybody is on the take).  But, I guess China is a true peer in this regard too.  I wish India the best of luck.  My guess is that China will keep poking the Indians until they have to respond, and the Indians will make quite a show of it.

 

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 12:48 | 5109287 Little Boomer
Little Boomer's picture

The ChiComs need the land for a new empty  city.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 12:48 | 5109289 viedoklis_lv
viedoklis_lv's picture

Looks like BRICS is BREAKING

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 12:54 | 5109323 AsianGuy 33
AsianGuy 33's picture

Next door neighbour the Goverment most likely will be gone within days as tomorrow popular leader marches to capture the goverment state assembly building...

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 13:08 | 5109394 Uncle Remus
Uncle Remus's picture

Nice psyops.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 13:12 | 5109410 22winmag
22winmag's picture

I'm sure the UN will get right on the case.

 

/sarc

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 13:41 | 5109567 The Magus
The Magus's picture

Ha ha. Check out the comments section on the DNA India link. They are almost as venomous as Hedge postings.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 13:44 | 5109580 MeelionDollerBogus
MeelionDollerBogus's picture

China's sure getting ballsy. Vietnam, Tibet, India... there's a finite limit to what an expansionist China can get using outright aggression & that finite cost requires resource extraction & spending into warfare threats & not into the productive economy. This hasn't ended well for most. Even Putin is pushing his luck in the long-run. Crimea at least has a naval base.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 14:07 | 5109715 Zerozen
Zerozen's picture

Crimea is populated by Russians.

Vietnam, Tibet, India, etc. are not populated by Chinese.

Apples and oranges.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 22:07 | 5112424 MeelionDollerBogus
MeelionDollerBogus's picture

days, weeks, years, decades - only a matter of time.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 14:17 | 5109783 sbfeibish
sbfeibish's picture

I wonder how much of this is about water.  There was a documentary filmed (CCTV I think) not too long ago about a horrendous drought I think in southern China.  I don't know what the situation is now.  China certainly needs the water from Tibet, maybe here too.  They may be somewhat desperate.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 14:39 | 5109922 shovelhead
shovelhead's picture

I'm keeping an eye on Chinatown.

Those shifty eyed bastards might make a move on the Puerto-Ricans.

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 15:24 | 5110205 SidKhadak
SidKhadak's picture
Chinese Military Sabotage India’s State Owned Telco BSNL’s Base Station

 

In a major incident of national security breach, India’s top intelligence agencies and Department of Telecom is all set to jointly launch an investigation into the alleged role of Chinese telecom equipment giant Huawei in hacking into Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)’s network and sabotaging its expansion plans in Rajahmundry in coastal Andhra Pradesh. Curiously, this is probably the first case where the Centre is also looking at inter-corporate rivalry between two Chinese telecom companies, the other being ZTE, which has bagged BSNL’s network expansion project including the one in Rajahmundry.

Following reports of Huawei engineers hacking a ‘base station controller’ (BSC), which controls several ‘base transceiver station’ (BTS) or mobile radio base station in an area, during network upgradation work at Rajahmundry in September/October this year, the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) in the Capital alerted the Department of Telecom, which in turn sought reply from the BSNL. Though the state-run telecom company conceded there has been a breach by Huawei, it failed to give a detailed account of damage done to the national security or the penal action taken against the Chinese firm.

 

Chinese Military Sabotage India’s State Owned Telco BSNL’s Base Station

 

 

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 16:03 | 5110412 SidKhadak
SidKhadak's picture

Chinese Military Sabotage India’s State Owned Telco BSNL’s Base Station

 

In a major incident of national security breach, India’s top intelligence agencies and Department of Telecom is all set to jointly launch an investigation into the alleged role of Chinese telecom equipment giant Huawei in hacking into Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)’s network and sabotaging its expansion plans in Rajahmundry in coastal Andhra Pradesh. Curiously, this is probably the first case where the Centre is also looking at inter-corporate rivalry between two Chinese telecom companies, the other being ZTE, which has bagged BSNL’s network expansion project including the one in Rajahmundry.

Following reports of Huawei engineers hacking a ‘base station controller’ (BSC), which controls several ‘base transceiver station’ (BTS) or mobile radio base station in an area, during network upgradation work at Rajahmundry in September/October this year, the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) in the Capital alerted the Department of Telecom, which in turn sought reply from the BSNL. Though the state-run telecom company conceded there has been a breach by Huawei, it failed to give a detailed account of damage done to the national security or the penal action taken against the Chinese firm.

 

Chinese Military Sabotage India’s State Owned Telco BSNL’s Base Station

Mon, 08/18/2014 - 17:17 | 5110747 petruchio2100
petruchio2100's picture

Local Indians are terrified by sporadic Red guerrilla operations inside their borders. The issue here is small potatoes, but real.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!