Pentagon Demands Russia Remove Convoy "Immediately" As NYT Reports Russians Firing Artillery In Ukraine
The Russian military has moved artillery units manned by Russian personnel inside Ukrainian territory in recent days and is using them to fire at Ukrainian forces, New York Times reported, citing NATO officials. The Russian move, NYTimes reports, represents a significant escalation of the Kremlin’s involvement in the fighting there and comes as a convoy of Russian trucks with humanitarian provisions has crossed into Ukrainian territory without Kiev’s permission. The US is now getting involved, as WSJ reports,
- Pentagon calls on Russia to 'Remove Vehicles Immediately' From Ukraine
- Kirby says "very concerned" by Russian convoy in Ukraine.
Ukrainian Security Service chief Valentyn Nalyvaichenko said the move amounted to a "direct invasion," and The Pentagon has warned "failure to [remove its vehicles] will result in further costs and isolation."
- NATO SAYS RUSSIAN ARTILLERY SUPPORT BEING USED AGAINST UKRAINE
NATO SAYS MULTIPLE REPORTS OF DIRECT RUSSIAN INVOLVEMENT
Time for some YouTube clips?
* * *
The Russian military has moved artillery units manned by Russian personnel inside Ukrainian territory in recent days and is using them to fire at Ukrainian forces, NATO officials said on Friday.
Since mid-August NATO has received multiple reports of the direct involvement of Russian forces, “including Russian airborne, air defense and special operations forces in Eastern Ukraine,” said Oana Lungescu, a spokeswoman for NATO.
“Russian artillery support — both cross-border and from within Ukraine — is being employed against the Ukrainian armed forces,” she added.
- *KIRBY SAYS RUSSIA FACES COSTS, ISOLATION IF CONVOY REMAINS
- *KIRBY SAYS AID CONVOY SHOULDN'T BE EXCUSE TO CROSS BORDER
- *KIRBY SAYS RUSSIA CONTINUES TO ADD TROOPS NEAR UKRAINE BORDER
- *KIRBY SAYS RUSSIAN FORCE NEAR UKRAINE INCREASINGLY READY, ARMED
- *KIRBY SAYS `A LOT OF EQUIPMENT' HAS BEEN MOVED INTO UKRAINE
- *GENERAL BREEDLOVE SAYS RUSSIAN CONVOY IN UKRAINE A CAUSE FOR CONCERN
The United States is very concerned about the movement of a Russian convoy into Ukraine in violation of its territorial integrity and is calling on Moscow to withdraw its equipment and personnel immediately, the Pentagon said on Friday.
"This is a violation of Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity by Russia," Rear Admiral John Kirby, the Pentagon press secretary, told a briefing. "Russia must remove its vehicles and its personnel from the territory of Ukraine immediately. Failure to do so will result in additional costs and isolation."
No, not more "costs" - Germany, which is about to enter full blown recession, is crying uncle already. Just ask the NSA...
And the Russian denial...
- CHURKIN: NO RUSSIAN MILITARY FORCES IN UKRAINE
- CHURKIN: NO PROOF OF RUSSIAN ARTILLERY IN UKRAINE
- advertisements -