The anti-ISIS operation, Naharawan al-Sham, who distributed images of the first American to be killed fighting for ISIS yesterday, has according to CNN announced a second American was killed in battle representing ISIS. So far, neither ISIS (which often comments on death of its "martyrs") or Naharawan al-Sham has released any images or evidence of the second death.
Douglas McAuthur McCain is not the only American who has been killed while fighting for ISIS, a coalition of Syrian opposition groups said Wednesday.
A second American was killed in a battle with rival opposition groups as well, said the coalition, which calls itself the Nahrawan of Syria.
But while the coalition released photos of McCain's body and his passport, it did not offer any evidence of a second American's death.
ISIS, which sometimes comments on the death of its "martyrs," has made no official mention of the death of any American fighters.
Attorney General Eric Holder estimated this summer that there are 7,000 foreign fighters in the war-ravaged Middle Eastern nation.
More than 100 Americans are among those who have tried to join various militant groups in Syria, U.S. officials say. While some are aligned with ISIS, the fighters shift allegiance and it's difficult to pin down a specific number, officials say.
Naharawn al-Sham reported via Facebook:
Operation Room of Nahrwan Al Sham battle announced that the fighters managed to free four villages in the northern countryside of Aleppo. These villages are Al Adlieh, Al Zahrieh, Al Said Ali and Al Hasbeh
They added that 43 ISIS members were killed in the clashes and three others were captured.
Some of the killed members have American nationality.
They will be shown later
And Naharawan al-Sham preparing for the battle....
* * *
So are these the US-sponsored moderate terrorists?