- AROUND 100 DEAD IN ATTACK ON PARIS CONCERT VENUE: AFP
- FRENCH POLICE HAVE TAKEN CHARGE OF PARIS THEATER, BFM TV SAY
- FRENCH SPECIAL FORCES ATTACK BATCLAN THEATER, ITELE REPORTS
#BREAKING Attacker in Paris concert hall shouted 'Allahu akbar', fired into crowd, witness says
— Agence France-Presse (@AFP) November 13, 2015
- BOMB DISPOSALTRUCK AT STADE DE FRANCE STADIUM:FRANCE INFO RADIO
- ATTACKS IN PARIS TOOK PLACE AT SEVEN LOCATIONS, AFP SAYS
- GUNFIRE HEARD NEAR LOCATION OF HOSTAGE SITUATION: AP
- *FRENCH POLICE ASKS PUBLIC IN PARIS REGION TO STAY INSIDE
- *FRENCH POLICE ASKS PUBLIC ESTABLISHMENTS TO REINFORCE SECURITY
- *FRENCH POLICE REQUESTS A STOP TO OUTDOOR PUBLIC EVENTS
- *NYC: NYPD IS IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH INTL LIAISON IN PARIS
*PRESIDENT OBAMA BEGINS REMARKS AT WHITE HOUSE
- *OBAMA SAYS ATTACKS IN PARIS `OUTRAGEOUS'
- *OBAMA SAYS ATTACKS ARE ON `ALL OF HUMANITY'
- *OBAMA SAYS U.S. WILL PROVIDE ANY ASSISTANCE NEEDED TO FRANCE
- *OBAMA SAYS SITUATION IN PARIS IS `HEARTBREAKING'
A 4th event has occurred...
BREAKING: Another shooting reported in Paris, at Les Halles shopping mall: Europe 1 Radio. https://t.co/uixSvEfEMR
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) November 13, 2015
* * *
— Julia Davis (@JuliaDavisNews) November 13, 2015
BREAKING: At least 60 dead in Paris attacks, BFM-TV reports https://t.co/oPcKAQxWD0
— BNO News (@BNONews) November 13, 2015
Vidéo de la fusillade pic.twitter.com/bpO7mLNcci
— a (@dihlaz_Y) November 13, 2015
- @JeremyCliffe: Reports from Bataclan: some escaped, describing pools of blood and attackers using pump-action shotgun against crowd inside
- @Reuters: BREAKING: U.S. security officials believe #Paris attacks were coordinated
Syria has been implicated:
- @FKrumbmuller: Shooter in #Bataclan said to have shouted "this is for Syria" #BFMTV #parisattacks
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) November 13, 2015
As we previously detailed: reports are coming in fast and furious from Paris where witnesses have reported multiple explosions along with possible shootout in a restaurant near Place de la République.
- FRENCH PRESIDENT HOLLANDE EVACUATED FROM STADIUM: ITELE
- TWO BLASTS HEARD NEAR STADE DE FRANCE STADIUM NEAR PARIS: BFMTV
Explosions can be heard during the game...
Fans are too afraid to leave the satdium, amassing on the field...
— Lucie B. (@LucieBacon) November 13, 2015
- *AROUND 100 HOSTAGES TAKEN AT PARIS THEATER, 35 DEAD: AP
- 15 DIED IN ATTACK AT CONCERT HALL, 3 NEAR STADIUM:POLICE TO AFP
- ONE HOSTAGE SITUATION UNDERWAY IN PARIS: ITELE, CITING POLICE
BREAKING: 60 hostages being at concert hall in Paris
— Lisa Daftari (@LisaDaftari) November 13, 2015
France 24 is reporting that "masked armed men fired from all sides":
— FRANCE 24 Français (@France24_fr) November 13, 2015
A shooting at the Kalashnikov has left several dead in a restaurant in the tenth arrondissement. At least seven people were injured, according to our information. According to a reporter on site BFMTV, bodies lying on the ground.
The shots were heard near the metro station Goncourt. A large security cordon was established around the perimeter. The police are asking all residents to take cover in buildings and gradually close all the streets. They evacuated all the bars, restaurants and terraces nearby.
The shooters or have not yet been apprehended.
Here some images from the scene:
— LesNews (@LesNews) November 13, 2015
Fusillade paris pic.twitter.com/APtH7Zx5b4
— petemystrong (@pierre75010) November 13, 2015
— Vincent Berthézène (@Vince66240) November 13, 2015
It now looks as though there were at least three explosives.
Here are the locatios of the 3 events...
Au 90 rue de Charonne, un 7ème corps ... pic.twitter.com/PGFh63cwTj
— Tommy Pouilly (@5h55) November 13, 2015
— Sputnik (@SputnikInt) November 13, 2015
— Michele Galvani (@GalvaniM) November 13, 2015
While it feels a little callous to mention it, we note dthat US equity futures are tumbling on this news...