Explosions, Gunfire Rock Indonesia Capital: 4 Dead (1 Cop); 14 Gunmen, Suicide Bombers Involved (ISIS Suspected)
Two months after the Paris explosions of November 13, it appears terrorism has struck again, this time in Indonesia's capital, Jakarta where moments ago, at least six bomb explosions, gunfire and casualties were reported (AFP is reporting three dead but this is unconfirmed), with at least one of the explosions taking place near the local UN office.
- *JAKARTA POLICE RECEIVED THREAT FROM ISLAMIC STATE: METRO TV
- ANTARA NEWS REPORTS SIX EXPLOSIONS IN CENTRAL JAKARTA
- *JAKARTA POLICE SAYS GUNMEN STATIONED ATOP BUILDING: METRO TV
- JAKARTA POLICE SUSPECTS BOMB AT TRAFFIC POLICE POST: METRO TV
- JAKARTA POLICE, GUNMEN CONTINUES SHOOTING: METRO TV
- AT LEAST 3 VICTIMS IN CENTRAL JAKARTA EXPLOSIONS: METRO TV
- *POLICE SAYS ABT. 10-14 GUNMEN SEEN IN CENTRAL JAKARTA: METRO TV
- *JAKARTA SAYS 1 POLICE OFFICER KILLED IN EXPLOSION: METRO TV
- *INDONESIA POLICE SAYS GRENADE CAUSED EXPLOSION: CNN INDONESIA
One witness claimed men on motorbikes threw grenades.
The moment of one of the explosions...
Video amatir detik ledakan Sarinah jalan MH Thamrin. #BomSarinah #BreakingNews #JakartaBombing #JakartaBlasts pic.twitter.com/Jkr1izBjG7
— Bhirawa Mbani (@bhirmbani) January 14, 2016
As AP reports,
A massive explosion rocked downtown Jakarta in front of a popular shopping mall on Thursday and an Associated Press reporter saw at least one dead body.
Gunshots were heard after the midmorning explosion in front of the Sarinah shopping mall and a police station. The area also has many luxury hotels, and offices and embassies, including the French.
It was not clear who was shooting but police had cordoned off the area, preventing reporters from going near the scene.
Witnesses said the explosion was caused by a suicide bomber, but there was no immediate confirmation of the claim.
Indonesia has been a victim of several bombing attacks in the past, claimed by Islamic militant groups.
The country has been on high alert after authorities said they had foiled a plot by Islamic militants to attack government officials, foreigners and others. About 150,000 police officers and soldiers were deployed during New Year's Eve to guard churches, airports and other public places.
More than 9,000 police were also deployed in Bali, the site of Indonesia's deadliest terror attack, which killed 202 people in 2002.
National Police spokesman Maj. Gen. Anton Charliyan said security is focused on anticipating attacks in vulnerable regions, including Jakarta.
On Tuesday, the jailed radical Islamic cleric Abu Bakar Bashir appealed to an Indonesia court to have his conviction for funding a terror training camp overturned, arguing that his support for the camp was an act of worship.
The 77-year-old leader of the Jemaah Islamiyah militant network filed a judicial review of his 2011 conviction, when he was sentenced to 15 years in jail for setting up the camp in Aceh province. A higher court later cut the sentence to nine years.
At least one police officer has been wounded:
* * *
BREAKING: Massive explosion rocks central Jakarta, with at least 1 person dead; Gunshots heard.
— The Associated Press (@AP) January 14, 2016
What we hear so far. Unconfirmed reports: 1. Multiple IEDs activated. 2. Active shooters present. 3. One (or more) KIA #JakartaBlast
— Ruli Harahap (@ruliharahap) January 14, 2016
#INDONESIA'S NATIONAL POLICE SPOKESMAN SAYS CENTRAL #JAKARTA #EXPLOSIONS SUSPECTED TO HAVE BEEN CARRIED OUT BY #SUICIDE BOMBER @Reuters
— Global Markets Forum (@ReutersGMF) January 14, 2016
@TMCPoldaMetro Suasana TKP sesaat setelah bom meledak di sebuah kafe di Jakarta Pusat. pic.twitter.com/UbPb448X2s
— Ramdans Muhammad (@Rockramdans) January 14, 2016
Korban ledakan bom di Sarinah, Thamrin. Apakah mereka pelakunya? pic.twitter.com/YXSxWgkz2A
— Pujiono JS™ (@PujionoJS) January 14, 2016
BAKU TEMBAK di LOKASI LEDAKAN #Sarinah #LedakanBom #RSCM #FriendsReunion #PartaiDakwah #Jakarta #Gafatar #Polisi pic.twitter.com/IWZ4peumAU
— Hatta Jusman (@hattajusman) January 14, 2016
Selain di Pos Pol Thamrin, bom juga meledak di Starbuck Cafe, Thamrin, Jakarta Pusat. pic.twitter.com/jXxAyPIPfe
— Radio Dakta (@RadioDakta) January 14, 2016
A UN Regional Representative is live-tweeting the horrific events...
As of this moment, the explosions appear to be yet another suicide bomber-driven terrorist attack, and we suspect it is only a matter of time before ISIS takes credit.
The local stocks have reacted dramatically:
And The Rupiah is tumbling...
A live feed of the event is available below:
Livestream @KompasTV on Jakarta, #Indonesia blast: https://t.co/Ccq8194Nfn pic.twitter.com/nxnhEnak1L
— Steve Herman (@W7VOA) January 14, 2016
- Login or register to post comments
- Printer-friendly version
- Send to friend
- advertisements -







The White House is looking to blame Americans for ISIS hating Indonesia. The weapons must have originated from US states that have lax gun laws.
"ISIS suspected" ... people probably do not get the entire irony of that.
IS suspected? You mean -- Gladio ..
The same that did Bali et al ..
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/01/13/putins-dilemma/
One could say al Qaeda, but it really doesn't exist anymore ..
It died with Bin Laden ..
Top Secret National Security Directive 166So is it the Peoples Judean Front or the Peoples Front of Judea?
SPLITTERS!
ISIS= pirates looking for booty.
I used to be a booty pirate...
Long, long ago.
Nowadays, it's Wifey that says "Har, Har, Har".
Hello I work in Jakarta. I was in my office when this happen (my office is in Indonesian Stock Exchange complex)
If you want more pictures & videos of this attack, follow below link, its a thread covering this topic the biggest Indonesian forum on general things. (sorry the language is in Indonesian)
http://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/569722a91854f793278b4567/?ref=homelanding...
What I gather is:
The attackers was seen with suspicions by the security guard in Sarinah building (its an old shopping complex actually and its not really famous nowadays but close to MNC offices); 3 guys were taken to the police post, and blow themselves up. Some other attackers which were free, use their handgun to shoot polices. Dunno why he didnt throw grenades at the masses.
Basically I think the police did a good job, because the attackers plan were failed. (fewer casualties)
You can see in the pictures, that the masses were dumb, they were going to the scene for spectacle.
http://s.kaskus.id/images/2016/01/14/2200517_20160114052306.jpg
I left the office 1 hour ago and the traffic is almost non existent, usually it took 1 hour for me to go home. I only need 10 mins today.
See any CIA/Jews running the attack ?
This is typical of the U.S. backed Saudi plan training these guys that come from Muslim countries.When they are tired of fighting in Iraq and Syria they are sent home to their countries and take part in the design of the War on Terror.The American strategy is to create endless war and use the Wahhabi religious indoctrination techniques that were used in Afghanistan to train the Mujahidden.The only way to stop the War on Terror is to take out the NeoCons in Washington and the Saud Family running Saudi Arabia that does the dirty work for The Administration on behalf of The CIA.You have to get to the source of the hate to stop it all.These are the Wahhabi schools funded by The Saud Family which start these fighters in their brainwashing from early childhood.It was originally a CIA designed plan.
allah strikes back
allahu hu fuckbar
Odd an islamic group would bomb Jakarta...
1. not many foriegners go to Jakarta (I've been there before and the only thing harder to spot than white people there, is black people)...
2. In jakarta, over 90% of people are muslim... it would make more sense in Bali as that island has fewer muslims and more budists and hindu..
Wahabi Islam fruits=barbarity and terrorism made in Saudi Arabia which is an allied with Washington.
And Washington keeps turning a blind eye, only Trump has the courage to speak the truth.