Bush was a horrible president. At the time, I thought he was the worst president in American history.
But Obama has made a lot of firsts himself …
For example, Obama:
- Has prosecuted more whistleblowers than all other presidents combined
- Sentenced whistleblowers to 31 times the jail time of all prior u.s. presidents combined
- Prosecuted fewer financial crimes than President Reagan, Clinton or either of the Bush presidents. (As bad as the Bush administration was, they at least prosecuted the heads of Enron, Worldcom and some other white collar crooks. In contrast, Obama hasn’t prosecuted even one high-level Wall Street executive.)
- Is the most secretive president ever
- Is more hostile to the press than any president in history
- Claims the power to strip Americans' liberty in a way that no other president has ever tried to claim ... and that even King George of England didn’t claim. Indeed, Obama has rolled back some of our liberties to the time of the enactment of the Magna Carta in 1215
- Has arguably centralized power more than any other president
- Has granted less pardons than any president since Garfield, who served only 200 days as president before being assassinated in 1881
- May be the only U.S. president in history who failed to deliver a single year of at least 3% economic growth (when adjusted for inflation)
In addition, Obama has presided over:
- The greatest inequality of any president
- The first time in its history that America is viewed as the world's greatest threat by the people of the world
- One of the largest net changes in debt in American history
- Perhaps the most corrupt government ever in the U.S.
And as the New York Times notes this week, Obama has been at war longer than any president in history.
Worst ... president ... ever.