For over four decades, many of the planet's biggest trouble makers and assholes have met each year in Davos, Switzerland, for the World Economic Forum with the humble mission of, "Improving the state of the world."
Each year since 1978, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City has sponsored a symposium in Jackson Hole on an important issue facing the world's bankers and their pet politicians and government bureaucrats. Symposium participants include prominent central bankers, finance ministers, academics, and financial market participants from around the world.
For 7 years on Zerohedge, I, and many of you, have ridiculed those incredibly wealthy and very powerful people from the comfort of our keyboards, while taking little or no action.
Truthfully, our comfort may be our pen.
For those of us that don't want to be a turkey, and that seek a way out of our false comfort...that want to be bold and revolutionary...we must also find a way to overcome our fear. FEAR. False Evidence Appearing Real. The best way I know to overcome fear is with knowledge. Knowledge allows us to see false evidence as false. Knowledge also allows us to be bold, and to take action, rather than be timid, staying right where we are. Knowledge enables us to be revolutionary.
Friends, the time has come for The First ZeroHedge Symposium and Live Fight Club.
Get your brain and liver to beautiful Marfa, Texas, June 16 -18, 2017, and we'll all just see what happens.
First of all, to make it happen, we need everyone to please visit our GoFundMe site or to our special-purpose Bitcoin address and donate to help pay for expenses, primarily rental of the Marfa Activites Center (MAC) and a PA system, so that we can listen to our symposium's speakers, hold our discussions, and solve the universe's big problems, or at least fight about them intelligently. If we raise enough dough, then we'll get a band or two to come play for us in the evening. Please donate! We are not going to charge for the symposium.
UPDATE: The Crowley Theatre is free, but already booked. The St. Joseph Hall is available at $7,000 per day (cough) not inclusive of food and beverage minimums. The USO is booked.
The MAC was available, has new air conditioning, seats 1,000 people, and is $550 per day, includes at least 270 chairs, a stage, and a podium. It has a dance floor! We went ahead and booked the MAC for this first year.
- It is OK to bring in your own food and alcohol, but no smoking.
- It is OK for bands to play in the evening until Midnight Friday night, and 1:00 AM Saturday night.
- It looks like we will have some food trucks on site, and Porter's Grocery is right across the tracks and sells cold beer and wine.
Secondly, if you are not planning to camp out in the high desert, drive an RV, or sleep in the gutter or jail, then reserve a luxury suite, historic hotel room, teepee, yurt, trailer, or tent (and hot tub) at one of the few fine sleeping establishments within stumbling distance of the many fine bars in town. You better hurry! The most interesting and best accommodations go fast.
https://www.airbnb.com/ (Wow! Some amazing homes available!)
If you or someone you know is a qualified expert in one of the following areas, and is ready, willing, and able to speak on the topic at our little symposium, then please send me an email with details:
Call for speakers in the following areas:
- Credit unions (Does anyone know anyone with CUNA?)
- Direct investing (Does anyone know anyone at The Money Paper?)
UPDATE: Several topics are already allocated to speakers.
- Markets: Andrew Rosca: Writing and deploying your own trading algorithm
- Agriculture: Susanne Friend: Make backyard and commercial aquaponics easy and inexpensive
- Personal security: Brian Hoffner, When seconds count, the police are only minutes away
- Energy: Building a home solar system and living off the grid
- Distilling and brewing: Ned Rutland, One man's experience with more than 50 years at the still
- Crypto currencies: Ian Grigg and Ken Griffith, The Death of Banking and the Rise of New Financial Ecosystems - How to Make it Work For You
- Education: Russell Fish: Disintermediated education in your home and community
- Healthcare: Dealing directly with physicians and hospitals
If you have something else interesting in mind, feel free to shoot me an email.
UPDATE: As far as an agenda, I will be posting a schedule of the speakers in the near future. I have been blow away by the expertise of the people volunteering to come and speak! Regarding registration and charging a fee, I do not see any good reasons to do so. We ZHers like our perceived anonymity, and I want us to try to maintain that, for attendees, if at all possible. I am thinking this event will feel more like Burning Man than Davos, so we are all on our own as far as arranging lodging, etc.
I will be posting follow-on articles here, on ZH.
What do you think, friends? I'd like to do this without sponsorship, etc.
I look forward to reading and discussing your ideas, questions, and concerns, in the comments below.
Peace, liberty, and prosperity!
UPDATE: Thanks to ZH commenter, Ultraticum, for helping us by creating this special-purpose Bitcoin address and QR Code (scan it or click it from your mobile wallet).
The address is: 1Lm8L3bd1hLnDSt1WShZ8RVSuq1ZAeg76H
Check the balance of this disintermediated account in real-time HERE.