The tit-for-tat aggression continues to escalate between Turkey and Holland with Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus exclaiming from Ankara that "Europe's politicians are under fascist, neo-nazi influence" and in response, Turkey will suspend all high-level diplomatic meetings and cancels all flight permissions for Dutch politicians.
Bloomberg details the highlights from his statement:
- *KURTULMUS: `BARBARIAN' ATTACKS BY DUTCH POLICE UNACCEPTABLE
- *KURTULMUS: EUROPE POLITICIANS UNDER FASCIST, NEO-NAZI INFLUENCE
- *KURTULMUS: TURKEY WILL RESPOND NETHERLANDS AS NECESSARY
- *KURTULMUS: TURKEY DEMANDS APOLOGY FROM THE NETHERLANDS
So with the blame-mongering over, he unveils the retaliation: (via AP)
Turkey says it is halting all high-level political discussions with the Netherlands in the wake of the Dutch government's decision to bar two cabinet ministers from campaigning in the country. Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus said during a news conference following a weekly cabinet meeting that Ankara also is closing its air space to Dutch diplomats until the Netherlands meets Turkish requests.
Kurtulmus also says the Dutch ambassador to Turkey, who was traveling when the diplomatic row started, won't be allowed to return.
He says Turkey's government plans to advise parliament to withdraw from a Dutch-Turkish friendship group.
Kurtulmus says the political sanctions will apply until the Netherlands takes steps to "redress" its actions.
He said: "There is a crisis and a very deep one. We didn't create this crisis or bring to this stage."
And then the old fall-back...
- *KURTULMUS: TURKEY IS VICTIM OF RISING ISLAMOPHOBIA IN EUROPE
Here are some facts on international law and historic norms.
We are not sure if Holland will lose too much sleep, but we do suspect
that for every outburst of this nature, Geert Wilders support is
However, perhaps in a final power play aimed towards Merkel, Kurtulmus exclaimed:
- TURKISH DEPUTY PM SAYS NETHERLANDS ACTIONS A SIGN OF COLLAPSE IN EUROPE
- TURKISH DEPUTY PM SAYS EUROPE HAS NOT KEPT PROMISES ON MIGRANT DEAL, FOR US, THAT AGREEMENT HAS ENDED
- *KURTULMUS: THERE IS A `DEEP' CRISIS AND IT'S NOT TURKEY'S FAULT
It would appear Turkey is about to flood Europe with immigrants... which, judging from the American media, would be celebrated by anyone wearing a vagina costume.