Doc Copper helping materials ETF’s breakout again

kimblecharting's picture

Doc Copper helping materials ETF’s breakout again

Many are of the opinion that what Doc Copper does, can send an important price message about the strength or of lack of in the overall economy. Doc Copper is important to keep a close eye and how Basic Materials stocks are performing can be important to keep aware of.

Below looks at Basic Materials ETF (XLB) over the past few years-

CLICK ON CHART TO ENLARGE

Ascending triangles are rewarding patterns to find in bulls markets, as this pattern breaks to the upside two-thirds of the time. This pattern also helps with risk management, as it helps one apply stops, should the pattern fail to break out, which it does one-third of the time.

Below looks at a different Basic Materials ETF (IYM)

basic materials weekly chris kimble chart

CLICK ON CHART TO ENLARGE

Strenght in Doc Copper, XLB and IYM often times is a good sign for the macro economy. If both of these would continue higher, it could send a concerning message to bond hold holders. The global growth story wants/needs to see both of these continuing to head higher.

If you would like to receive weekly Power of the Pattern thoughts on Copper and the Basic Materials sector, we would be honored if you were a Metals or Sectors Member, as we update both memberships on these patterns each week.

 

 

The Power of the Pattern at work to save people time, improve decision-making & results.   

We identify high probability big pattern reversals and breakouts in global indices, sectors, commodities, several metals and select individual stocks

Send us an email if you would like to see sample reports or a trial period to test drive our Premium or Weekly Research

 

Receive Chris Kimble's research by email posted to his blog daily  https://kimblechartingsolutions.com/newsletter-preferences/

 

Email services@kimblechartingsolutions.com 

 

Call us Toll free 877-721-7217 international 714-941-9381

 

Website: KIMBLECHARTINGSOLUTIONS.COM

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Farqued Up's picture

I think it also may be tied to new tech coming out of Antarctica if it ever makes it out. I’m reading that. silver will really go wild.

Silver Savior's picture

I am one of those who regard copper as another precious metal. I already pay to aquire 1982 and older cents and hoard all my nickels. Nickels are mostly copper too. Well 75% The other 25% nickel is an even more valuable metal. Don't spend this shit.

Manthong's picture

 

A lot of base metal will be needed for that Silk Road construction extravaganza and a lot of copper will be needed for new electric services, motor windings of all types and electronics.

A lot of Cu going into electric vehicles, light rail and zillions of battery powered drones.