Just like the imminent French downgrade, nobody could have possibly anticipated a few hedge funds blowing up the Greek bailout. Oh wait - we did... in June.
- GREEK BOND SWAP NEGOTIATORS NOW LESS OPTIMISTIC ABOUT REACHING A DEAL - SOURCE CLOSE TO TALKS
- GREEK BOND SWAP NEGOTIATORS WARN FAILURE TO REACH DEAL WOULD BE CATASTROPHIC FOR GREECE, EUROPE - SOURCE
- IIF SAYS GREECE TALKS `PAUSED' AFTER NO `CONSTRUCTIVE' RESPONSE
- IIF SAYS GREECE TALKS HAVEN'T PRODUCED `CONSTRUCTIVE' RESPONSE
- IIF SAYS TALKS ARE `PAUSED FOR REFLECTION
But the IIF just told us yesterday how things are going swimmingly. Maybe that is not all that surprising...