Appeasement Arrives: Joint US-Israel Exercise Postponed For "Budget Reasons", US Will Not Enforce No Fly Zone Over Syria
First we had news that out of the blue, the Western embargo against Iranian oil exports would be delayed by 6 months, and now, in the aftermath of last night's developments out of Iran which blamed the CIA for the murder of its nuclear scientist we get this (from Bloomberg):
- ISRAEL, U.S. POSTPONE MILITARY EXERCISE, ISRAEL RADIO SAYS
- JOINT EXERCISE POSTPONED FOR BUDGET REASONS, RADIO SAYS
- U.S.-ISRAELI EXERCISE PLANNED TO BE BIGGEST EVER, RADIO SAYS
- EXERCISE WAS TO TAKE PLACE IN NEXT FEW MONTHS, RADIO SAYS
And just so it doesn't look like a total cave in:
- ISRAEL SAYS JOINT U.S. MILITARY EXERCISE STILL UNDER DISCUSSION
As a reminder Iran made it very clear an escalation in joint US-Israel war game cooperation would be met with yet another miliary exercise out of Iran.
And in other news, in response to the latest discovery that Russia not only was using Syrian ports to park its military ships, but to supply the locals with ammunition we get this:
- AGUE SAYS NOT LOOKING AT NO-FLY ZONE OVER SYRIA
So how long until the word "appeasement" makes its way into the popular jargon yet again.