And here they are:
- APPLE 2Q REV. $39.19B, EST. $36.87B
- APPLE 2Q EPS $12.30, EST. $10.02
- APPLE SOLD 35.1 MILLION IPHONES IN QTR, EST. 31.2M
- APPLE 2Q IPOD UNITS SOLD 7.7MLN , DOWN 15%
- APPLE 2Q IPAD UNITS SOLD 11.8MLN
- APPLE 2Q GROSS MARGIN 47.4%, EST. 42.8%
- APPLE 2Q MACINTOSH UNITS SOLD 4MLN , UP 7%
- APPLE SEES 3Q REV. ABOUT $34B, EST. $37.49B
- APPLE SEES 3Q EPS ABOUT $8.68, EST. $9.96
Is this just the usual lowballing, or is it for real this time? Recall that Tim Cook's first earnings release the company guided above consensus. Is Cook becoming Jobs, or is this a guide down for real?
Also the reason for the beat: ASIA. Not the surge in sequential growth in the traditionally weaker Q2 (ended March 31) quarter all courtesy of Asia:
Stock right now is +$25 in the after hours session.