- advertisements -
One word really says it all.
Aka The Pox upon man.
We are currently in the end of the game time of monopoly. You remember when you would play monopoly and reach the inevitable point where one person has the majority of the property and cash while the rest of the players have very little property and cash. The player with everything wants the game to keep going so they will usually offer a loan to the person who lands on their property but cannot pay the bill. This continues on until there is absolutely no way for the poor people to pay back any loans since they have mortgaged everything.
Face it, the rich do not and will not let the game start over. They have far too much wealth. They are the ones that make the rules. The game will continue on for as long as possible. There are so many players that the game doesn't have to end anytime soon. In the event that a new monopoly game is started, it will be under the guise of a new currency which allows for the rich to maintain their wealth while everyone else gets a momentary hand up only to be caught in the inevitable debt burden which will be impossible to walk away from.
They already made this into a movie...
Edit: I am registered to host a screening of this film in my small town. Those of you who haven't given up completely on the 'sheeple' near you should do the same. When the day comes, they will taste much better to me knowing I tried to save them.
Impressive line-up in that trailer. Thanks, I'll be watching for it!
Come on Tyler, another message that THE DAMN SKY IS FALLING.
Steve Keen has just finished telling us that THE SKY HAS ALREADY FALLEN and we just don't know it yet.
Oh, and the price of gold is not being manipulated by some large international conspiracy.
Come on Rat,... but the sky IS falling.
Ignore it at your peril.
For REAL markets - you need REAL money.
OK come on and spell it with me G-O-L-D!!!!!
For REAL markets - you need REAL money.
OK come on and spell it with me G-O-L-D!!!!!
wouldn't it be the canary's dead and it's the fat lady singing? niggling.
I don't know I am pretty sure Monkeys like Bananas!
now thats a statement we can ALL agree with right?
""Zero Hedge, man, he makes my head hurt" was a typical comment from my Wall Street sources."
8 Rules of U.S. Government Spending
1. You do not use the word Default.
2. You DO NOT use the word Default.
3. If a law must be "broken," bent, or simply ignored to spend more money it is.
4. Only two Political Parties to a fight.
5. One Debt Ceiling increase at a time please.
6. No economic growth, no problem.
7. The Fed will print money for as long as it has too.
8. If this is your first time in Congress, you HAVE to raise the Debt Ceiling.
this is good!!!!!! lets keep this going
12. If we do not get the CPI numbers we want, we will change the formula.
13. Unemployment numbers, see point 12.
9. Never talk of unfunded liabilities (which are $116.6 trillion and growing at $6.5 trillion a year)
10. There is no war we cannot fund. Those are off budget.
11. What trillions in GSE liabilities? They are off budget too.
10.1) There is no war into which the USA can enter, no matter how blatantly aggressively or unnecessarily, that cannot be labeled "defensive".
there should be a CONTEST for who has the best "RULES OF FIGHT CLUB" => "RULES OF DEBT CLUB"
FIRST RULE --you never talk about debt
RIGHT. You talk about credit, and how important it is.
The 10 Rules of Fractional Reserve Banking
1) You do not talk about fractional reserve banking.
2) Gold is a traditional, barbaric relic that you can't eat, while fiatski BernankBux are a a refined modernity that are nutritous and satisfying.
3) You will memorize the secret text Zen & The Art of Printing Press Maintenance.
4) If inflation is surging, tell the media that it's not, but if it ever does, you'll mop it up in 15 minutes, guaranteed.
5) Hedonic adjustments & the birth-death model: Know them and learn to love them.
6) If consumption falls due to a shitty economy (that your policies inevitably help create), try to inflate prices through insane policies that disort markets further, so that you can claim that GDP is still growing (or not falling as fast, at least).
7) Never allow anyone to claim that economics is actually fairly simple, and viciously rebut such talk by claiming that economics is one of mankind's most difficult endeavors, and only a select few are intelligent enough to understand the dangers of sovereign nations printing their own money, interest free, and then add some very confusing and inconclusive studies that purport to show that what you just said is theoretically possible.
8) Always be mindful of who you truly work for, in the very odd case that the notion of trying to help the economy ever does begin to seep into your conscience.
9) Talk about transparency often while building even more opaqueness into the already very mysterious fractional reserve banking racketeering syndicate. Every central banker has an inherent duty to leave office with the public and imbecilic politicians even more confused about your role than they were when your predecessor left his post.
10) Who put the CON in CONfidence, eCONomy, and monetary policy CONtrol? You did, bitch. Own it.
THE RULES OF THE ELITE
1st RULE: You do not talk about the "elite".
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about POWER.
3rd RULE: If someone says "corrupt" or mentions morality, speaks the truth - the conversation is over.
4th RULE: Only two POOR guys to a fight. - the elite dont fight - just Win
5th RULE: One currency change at a time.
6th RULE: No power, no money - no point.
7th RULE: Elite will stay in power as long as the "others" let us.
8th RULE: If this is your first time in the ELITE CLUB, you HAVE to pay upfront.
"THE RULES OF THE ELITE"
Executive Summary: Heads I win; Tails, you lose.
"3rd RULE: If someone says "corrupt" or mentions morality..."
Point out that all things are Relative then vigorously challenge the questioner as to his right to play JUDGE! [rinse/repeat]
This must be read by everyone. Prepare accordingly.
Why the IMF was created and how it works
The IMF, also known as the “Fund,” was conceived at a United Nations conference convened in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, United States, in July 1944. The 44 governments represented at that conference sought to build a framework for economic cooperation that would avoid a repetition of the vicious circle of competitive devaluations that had contributed to the Great Depression of the 1930s.
maybe this is a NEW Brenton woods weekend (was a long weekend)
I didn't offer loans, I took blowjobs from the pretty girls and I took the pieces' daughters into my off-board stable
Perfect description of the real life game. I take my hat off to you.
Historically, the game ends when the other players kill the guy with all the money.
The game is over when the guillotine comes out.
- Jean Paul Marat
If the one word "Insurance" you intend to be synonymous with the one word "Gold", then my one word for you is "Absofuckinlutelyright"!
Riddle me this then Bazinga, why has gold been dropping since the beginning of September?
Nothing goes up in a straight line. You go right ahead, cling to your dollars. I'm hedging with metal and physical dollars in my possesion. Good luck at the ATM.
Gold may be the only thing left to sell at a profit. Everything else would have to be sold at a loss, and that don't feed the bulldog.
Ron Paul will surprise to the upside and begin chipping away at mainstream political boundaries and support. This potential is undiscounted in the markets (simply because at this point, it looks impossible). In the end, he will be a viable challenger for the ticket, or even decisively win.
Watch it happen over the next weeks and months.
Incidentally, I would not interpret this as gold positive. I would view it at USD positive.
Riddle me this VE, why did it drop 30% in 2008 and then double ???
By "dropping" do you mean a healthy consolidation?
You talking paper or physical?
what, does "physical" still cost you 1900 FRNs or something?
STFU with this nonsense
Because when the banks are broke the price of gold must fall as well. We saw this in 2008. Not true with oil because countries have to have that to kill that other country that just bought their gold fair and square.
Thank you! I was looking for a real discussion like they used to have on this board, not bunch of Ron Paulina's with idiotic one liners.
Because the central bankers et al are buying. TPTB always bring down what they want to buy.
None of the drops since 2008 have even touched the bottom of the channel. Look at some 5 and 10 year charts to see the trajectory. But you won't bother because your a troll.
Is that you,Dr Krugman?
you haven't heard?
scientists recently bioengineered a chimera virus contagious enough to wipe out half of humanity.
ghost protocol: wipe out huge human populations from bio-engineered virus to eradicate the mob.
Tips: tips [ at ] zerohedge.com
General: info [ at ] zerohedge.com
Legal: legal [ at ] zerohedge.com
Advertising: ads [ at ] zerohedge.com
Abuse/Complaints: abuse [ at ] zerohedge.com
Advertise With Us
Make sure to read our "How To [Read/Tip Off] Zero Hedge Without Attracting The Interest Of [Human Resources/The Treasury/Black Helicopters]" Guide
How to report offensive comments
Notice on Racial Discrimination.