Casus Belli? US Accuses Iran Of Plotting Assassination, Attempt To Blow Up Saudi, Israel Embassies

Tyler Durden's picture

The war watchers (such as Marc Faber and everyone else who knows what follows an episode of epic Keynesian failure) have just lowered DefCon to level 2 after in a very surprising development the US accused Iran of backing a plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the US and to blow up the Saudi and Israel embassies in Washington. "The plot was part of a $1.5m “international murder-for-hire scheme” that was directly linked to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, said Eric Holder, attorney-general." Now, any press report that details Eric Holder being active in any capacity is almost certainly a confirmation of a false flag, although we will gladly reserve judgment for now. However, if this is indeed the precursor to war, at least CVN 74 and CVN 77 will be quite busy in the next few months. Also, the price chart of Brent will surely to quite surely point from the lower left to the parabolic up.

More from the FT:

The plot was “conceived, was sponsored and was directed from Iran, and constitutes a flagrant violation of US and international law, including a convention that explicity protects diplomats from being harmed,” Mr Holder told a news conference on Tuesday. “The US is committed to holding Iran accountable for its actions.”

 

According to a criminal complaint filed in a New York court, two men have been charged with conspiring to kill a foreign official – Adel al-Jubeir, the Saudi envoy – and conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction – a bomb – to blow up the embassies. The two men also discussed bombing the Saudi and Israeli embassies in Argentina, US officials said on Tuesday.

 

Mansoor Arbabsiar, 56, a naturalised American living in Texas, was in custody and has said that he was directed by the Quds Force, the elite international arm of the IRGC, Mr Holder said. Mr Holder added that the man said he was directed by Gohlam Shakuri, an Iranian official in the Quds Force, who is still in Iran. Both men were named in the five-count charge sheet filed on Tuesday.

 

The Quds force is suspected of being behind attacks against US forces in Iraq and was labelled a “specially designated global terrorist organisation” by the US in 2007 for helping the Taliban and other terrorist organisations.

 

Officials said that a major attack had been averted.

And here is where it get hilarious:

“Although it reads like the pages of Hollywood script, the impact would have been very real and many lives would have been lost,” Robert Mueller, head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, told the press conference. “We send a clear message that any attempts on American soil will not be tolerated.”

Uh, if it reads likes a Hollywood script, and originating from the otherwise completely worthless US Attorney General's office, it probably means that it is a Hollywood Script, and is merely Washington's way of putting a few (not so) good unemployed scriptwriters to work.

Then again, it seems to be good enough for government work.