- advertisements -
Obama, you are out. Kyle Bass has replaced you.
Look at the lying filthy rats who make up total bullshit and spout it as fact. Bachman with her comment 'Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map' .. Go fucking read all the retractions and literal translations of what this guy said. He said nothing even close to what they suggest. Its so pathetic and sad that presidential candidates would repeat this crap but whats even more sad is that noone will ever bother to go check..
Ron Paul clarified for that WORM, Hannity, who promptly refused to accept the facts..
WE ARE DOOMED!
Bachmann said that? I couldn't hear her over that corndog.
Obama sucks...novelty president elected for one reason
To foster better relations with Israel?
"There's actually a legitimate statistical argument that Paul would be the strongest GOP candidate against Obama, period." - Public Policy Polling
Ron is electable if *you* say he is. Money talks.
I donated. Dig deep, folks, if you can -- this is the big one. Ron Paul's ability to get out the vote in Iowa, New Hampshire and other early primary states depends on the money he receives now.
With my donation today, I end my financial support to Ron Paul. Not because I don't want to, but because I've hit my federal conrtibution limit of $2500.
Great post! I was actually caught up in the drama.
"the clear class warfare escapades he has been engaging in recently have backfired "
Let me clarify it for you...
"Fuck the 1%...AND their fascist bagman, Owebama"
It's amazing how the evidence of Obama being a bagman for Wall Street is overwhelming and undeniable, yet people still accuse him of being a "socialist". Makes one wonder what these people consider to be socialism?
If anything, Obama's problem is that he was just a more well-spoken version of George W. Bush. This is Bush's third term in office. Is it any wonder that he's unpopular?
Not that I really disagree in what you're saying but...
In another way, your undertones read... IT'S ALL BUSH'S FAULT (as it will ALWAYS be)...
Not really Potemkin. He makes a good point of the continuity of the madness. We've seen it quite clearly over the last 30 years or so as the so called centrists took power.
Bill Clinton was a centrist. The big sign was keeping Greenspan for all those Dem/Repub presidencies.... because we know who was/is really pulling the strings....
socialism is here, with 48+% of households getting a check from the feds each month. It's an integral part of the polics state control grid they have planned. A ready cohort of dependept potential rioters is need to insure that no really significant changes are made. It;s either that, or kill most of us. Without a dependent population, they wouldn't get away with any of this.
So what happens when there is no more room to the right?
Let me help.
The banking system is part of the government.
A capitalist would have let places fail and the assets pass to more productive entities.
A socialist takes them under government wing and continues to operate them.
As the government is now the largest consumer, employer, lender, borrower, landlord, tenant and parents to 50million on food stamps and 55million receiving SSI,
it is fairly obvious this is NOT A FREE MARKET CAPITALIST SYSTEM AND HASN'T BEEN SINCE AT LEAST FDR.
IF US is not a free market and not capitalist (at best mixed economy), then
WHY are the rewards for top 0.01% justified as being capitalist meritocracy? millions in salary for CEOs for failed companies?
BECAUSE Americans were fooled!
Just like the 25% who think US is still headed in the right direction....they must be the ones in six figure government pension at 50 NYPD white shirts.
WORK HARDER FOR LESS MONEY SUCKERS:
You are half right - this isn't a free market.
However, it isn't socialism either. It's a partnership of big business and government.
That's called fascism, not socialism.
Sorry, the government obviously controls the means of production in too many industries to count by being the single largest economic entity not even counting the endless regulations and armies of regulators-including the most crucial industries-that is socialism. Not fascist in the slightest, there is no nationalist component whatsoever. Leftist totalitarianism usually called communism? Certainly much closer than fascism.
mussolini-style corporate fascism, coming to a country near you.
Question to be posed tp the ZH crowd: Why is it ok for a company like walmart to use their purchasing power to squeeze producers so they can maximize profits, but not ok for groups of people to form an alliance to squeeze corporations for better wages?
I'm not taking a specific side here, I'm just trying to understand different mindsets is all.
Yep - wondered when the article would get round to providing any evidence that 'class warfare' was anything to do with Obama's declining popularity. I think it's just one of Tyler's pet opinions...
Similar problem with financial sector political contributions in the UK (just less zeros):
I vote the "term limit" party. One term for president. It does not matter who they put up, vote out incumbents.
Voting ideology (left, right or donkey, elephant) is what got us into this mess.
oh so true oh aptly named one. obama's problem with class warfare is he hasn't fought it, not even for a minute. he is a fascist bagman. it's all true.
he probably will be able to be beaten by many, possibly even bachmann with her interesting first man. the one who should beat him is ron paul. he may not be all he claims to be, but i bet he's closer to it than obama.
I'm one of those who voted for him. By july of his first year, when it was becoming increasingly apparent there would be no prosecutions for the theft and fraud. My second vote was in the dumper.
I believe he was faced with the prospect on most of the Treasury dept, Justice and the Fed were accessories to the crime(s) and it would have meant indictments for everyone.
It would engulf both administrations, I'm sure he was blackmailed by the MOTU that they could wait him out through a worse depression than we are in.
Since he couldn't stomach going after bush, cheney, addington, yoo, feith, rumsfeld... for war crimes.
The shylocks stealing from the treasury were going to get a pass as well
Face it, he is a fraud. You were suckered like me. That being said if Ron Paul doesn't win the Republican nominee and Newt, Perry, or Bachmann win the primary I have not decided whether I will write in Paul, or hold my noise and pull the lever for Obama again.
real wages flat
compensation in benefits increased slightly (mostly going to doctors unions and hospital real estate co.)
Obama is going to bring austerity to take away small gains in benefits so that only productivity increases (aka. work harder, more education, more hours, etc. for less pay)
Wow... all of a sudden I'm not a slacker, but a visionary.
I read James Kunstler's column every Monday - I really do enjoy a clever turn of phrase. He was a great believer at the start of Mr. Obama's term and expected great things from him. At first, he was simply bewildered, but as time goes on, his disappointment is increasingly acute and his pen increasingly ascerbic. Bobbyrib, you are not alone in your quandry. We have been taken in by a con man. It is probably best to admit it and move on rather than throw good money after bad. I wonder if he would refund the campaign contribution I made in 2007? I don't think I can hold my nose and pull the lever for that smiling face of fascism.
I never voted for Obama. I've been voting 3rd party since Clinton betrayed the working man in his first term.
Which 3rd party? It doesn't matter. Green. Libertarian. I don't care. Just as long as it isn't one of the two major parties.
The Democrats and Republicans want you to vote for them - they win.
If you get disgusted and don't vote at all - they still win.
the only way they don't win is if you vote for someone else.
voting is for suckers.
Corporations don't vote. They donate and lobby.
who cares who is in power. YOu pay to play. Organize, unionize, pay fees for lobbysts and they will curry politicians favor to your benefit.
Vote on American Idol.
Politicians is for lobbysts and special interests. PERIOD.
Patriots still exist!
You can still donate to the Revolution Super PAC: www.revolutionPAC.com
The legal maximum contribution to Super PACs is infinity.
All the money goes to promoting Ron Paul (commercials, newspapers, etc). It's ran by Tom Woods.
I am as sick of Obama as anyone, but can we please look at Ron Paul without rose colored glasses? Ron Paul wants to end all income taxes and capital gains taxes. He wants to eliminate regulations on business, which will sure make the polluters and corporate criminals happy. Ron Paul wants to open up all offshore waters to oil company drilling. Ron Paul has said nothing, I repeat, NOTHING about the fraud in the MBS and CDO casino. He doesn't even know what MERS is, let alone the damage it has caused. He has never said a word about the necessity of re-imposing Glass-Steagall or reversing the Commodities Futures Modernization Act of 2000.
I like SOME things he says enormously, like auditing the Fed and balanced budgets and stopping the war machine, but he is a clueless DISASTER in a lot of other ways.
Little offense intended, but you are purveying mendacious bullshit:
1) the USA somehow "managed" to survive and thrive for 130 yrs without a federal income tax. Instead we relied on tarrifs and duties and excise taxes, which protected American industry and American jobs. Vacuous ditz econ students were sold a big fat lie that Smoot-Hawley caused the Great Depression. Our reps have stood by and watched our jobs being exported for 1 simple reason: those reps are controlled by the int'l central banksters who already sucked the juice out the American chewing gum, and needed to export central banking and debt slavery and addiction to government to the relatively undeveloped world. How would those multitudes of new consumers and government addicts pay for their stuff? With our money. How are they supposed to earn our money? By working the jobs that we used to.
NB that Paul has repeatedly stated that he would phase out the fed income tax; NOT end it immediately. Also NB this quote from Paul, "We could eliminate the income tax, replace it with nothing, and still fund the same level of big government we had in the late 1990s. "
2) What's wrong with eliminating capital gains taxes? Better question is, "What's right about capital gains taxes?" Other than Big Brother (the bagman for the Fed Reserve and its corrolary brethren "abroad"), who benefits by the perpetual motion taxation machine whereby we are taxed once on our income, and the taxed again when we use that income to earn more income, and...?
3) Because you didn't note specific regulations that he would eliminate, a=may we assume that you are stating that Paul would eliminate EVERY regulation? Because if that is your statement, then you are full of shit. Please supply somem specifics.
4) I have not read anything where Paul has stated his support for unlimited drilling everywhere and anywhere. I have, however, read this sensible approach to your presumed fears, "Polluters should be directly liable in court to any and all parties they harm, rather than bureaucrats at the EPA." Perhaps your idea of Torts and Remedies is that Big Brother is always heads the offended parties list (and is indeed sometimes the only aggrieved party). My favorite iteration of that farce is when the Defense Department pays a fine to the EPA. Close second is either a) when Big Bro fines Big Pharma, and Big Bro indemnifies Big Pharma from subsequent liability and not a penny finds its way to John Q Public, or b) when Wall Street is fined a few hundred million for stealing billions and, again, nary a penny for John Q.
5) One need oly to Google the subject to find that your emphatic comment "NOTHING" is uuter bullshit. Further, here's a nice quite from RP from Sept 10 2003 in the House Financial Services Committee on the Fannie Freddie topic, "Ironically, by transferring the risk of a widespread mortgage default, the government increases the likelihood of a painful crash in the housing market...Perhaps the Federal Reserve can stave off the day of reckoning by purchasing GSE debt and pumping liquidity into the housing market, but this cannot hold off the inevitable drop in the housing market forever. In fact, postponing the necessary, but painful market corrections will only deepen the inevitable fall. The more people invested in the market, the greater the effects across the economy when the bubble bursts."
6) Ditto on the simple exercise of Googling to demonstrate that your CDS/CDO assertion is likewise complete bullshit. Amongst the dozens of examples, Paul stated during an interview with David Asman that "absolutely" AIG's books should be opened to determine whether and the extent to which our money was going to pay off AIG's CDS.
Bear in mind that the CDO and MBS casino thrived because the Fed was the abettor and the backstop. Paul wants to abolish the Fed Reserve. Ipso facto, even in the absence of a single syllable on MBS and CDO, Paul's position on the Fed would be enough.
7) Paul has explained at least a dozen times (and as recently as 7 weeks ago) why he voted against re-imposing Glass-Steagall. If you weren't paying attention or fail to waddle your lazy ass to, for example, youtube, then don't blame Paul and don't conjure up even more bullshit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIC8E9Q2pTs
8) Paul voted AGAINST the CFMA. Evidently, and once again, you weren't paying attention and didn't care to lift a finger to do even 10 secinds of research. http://futurestradingsystems.org/ron-paul-voted-against-the-commodity-futures-modernization-act-bill-clinton-made-it-law-now-oil-is-125brrl
For you to wrap up your hillarity, you write that you "like SOME things he says enormously". That's the bullshit icing atop the bullshit cake and does little other than expose yourself as a lazy turd. Christ, have you even heard of ronpaul.com? One click away from realizing how simultaneously full of shit and ill-informed you are. Funny thing is that I'd never been there, but I read the same things I've been saying for 50 years.
Thanks for the tip! I'll keep my $500/mo donation going to the PAC now.
Sounds like you need to open a corporation and step up your citizen status to Super Citizen. Once you are a corporation you can donate all that you'd like.
So did I.
I became a soverigen for what point I still get treated like you serfs by the very people I try to save , I now belive people like been slaves, they are so dependant on the system they will do anything to perserve it . In a couple of weeks you will here of another ruby ridge in North Dakota , but will any Americans turn up to stand up for the Constitution , I think not. this country is not worth saving . Beside sex name one thing you can do without permission , nothing, You will carry on paying more taxes , and treated like shit because thats what you know and not one of you will stand as one. I have lernt there is no point standing up fo America , because you do not deserve it . FUCK THE LOT OF YOU.
You picked North Dakota because of what reason? Is it becasue the first drone was used to apprehend a civilian in North Dakota? Or did you just pick a state where the people are less dependant on the gubermant and have lots of guns.
Oh shit, I think I hear the helecopters coming and the tactical team is about to bust down my door.
i'm not sure of what he said or what you said but i'm interested to read it. beats the hell out of yelling at the tv or swatting the nyt.
I recently came across the Errant Sovereign's Handbook thanks to a fellow ZH'er. I was curious as to how long you've been sovereign and how painstaking ( if at all) the process was? This is the path I want to pursue for my family and myself. Any knowledge you could share would be greatly appreciated!
It ain't easy!
sweet handle bro! protect ya neck!
Sorry to hear that. It is too bad we weren't able to chat before you went down this road. The Federal Government is good at only two things: killing people and blowing things up. That is it. If you want to resist the government, the only way to lose is to attempt to win at the game of killing and blowing things up. The Federal Government is simply the best at that and you have no chance. To think that you could have just laid low and watched the Federal Government implode within the next ten years without doing a thing. Such a waste.
For what point? If you're a sovereign it doesn't matter what everybody else does. You do your own thing without regard to what any authority commands to you. If you get treated like a serf and you take it then you're doing something wrong and you're not so sovereign after all. Being free is a state of mind and a way of life it doesn't matter what kind of environment you're in.
What I am finding is that the courts and countys just ignore the rules , what I am mad about is the , pay it or go to prison and fuck what the law says. As we all know there is no financial rule of law any more.
Donated again today. I live in Iowa and for those who don't think he can win I'm telling you he'll win here in Iowa. Can't speak for other places. But it's one step at a time. One thing completely missed by the mainstream press is the fact that a big chunk of kids under 30 (Ok, you can tell I'm old) are catching on to the fact they are being set up as the bag holders. Set up to pay for life and get nothing (or very little) in return. They are all very polite and rarely mention this to their baby boomer parents. The press believes it's all about the anti-war views but that relects their own, 1960's, attitudes reflected onto others. (although most of this group does believe our recent wars have been anti productive and moronic)
That is wonderful to hear. I'm broke here in Texas, but still threw him a hundy today, and harrassed my brother and parents until they (reluctantly) did the same.
Imagine without corporation donations the other candidates wouldn't be able to raise enough money to run for town mayor.
Tips: tips [ at ] zerohedge.com
General: info [ at ] zerohedge.com
Legal: legal [ at ] zerohedge.com
Advertising: ads [ at ] zerohedge.com
Abuse/Complaints: abuse [ at ] zerohedge.com
Advertise With Us
Make sure to read our "How To [Read/Tip Off] Zero Hedge Without Attracting The Interest Of [Human Resources/The Treasury/Black Helicopters]" Guide
How to report offensive comments
Notice on Racial Discrimination.