As Deutsche Bank suggested earlier, the ECB needs a market plunge to justify an intervention. Hence, here is the ECB's very own Jens Nowotny doing all he can do to precipitate a, you go it, market plunge:
- NOWOTNY FEARS MERKEL/SARKOZY PROGRAM WON'T BE ENOUGH
- NOWOTNY SAYS EUROPE CAN SOLVE CRISIS ITSELF
- NOWOTNY SAYS NOT NECESSARY THAT USA `HELP OUT' EUROPE
- NOWOTNY SAYS SMP CAN'T BE COMPARED TO FED, BOE PROGRAMS
- NOWOTNY SAYS SMP HAS TIME LIMIT
- NOWOTNY: DEBT CRISIS MUST NOT BECOME BANKING CRISIS AGAIN
For anyone who ignored the DB post earlier, we urge you reread it...