Frontrunning: January 3
- Tight race in Iowa kicks off 2012 campaign (Reuters)
- West Is Using Cultural Means to Divide China: Hu (Bloomberg)
- Economists see bleak year ahead (FT)
- Billions needed to upgrade America’s leaky water infrastructure (WaPo)
- Sarkozy, Merkel set bilateral euro talks (WSJ)
- Romney’s hope of Iowa lead in balance (FT)
- Greece: Clinch Bailout or Face Euro Exit (Reuters)
- Euro Break-Up Biggest Threat in 2012: CFOs Survey (CNBC)
- Memo to Eddie Lampert - Dump Kmart (Reuters)
European Economic News
- Germany Unemployment Change for December -22K m/m – lower than expected. Consensus -10K m/m. Previous -20K m/m.
- Germany Unemployment Rate s.a. for December 6.8% - lower than expected. Consensus 6.9%. Previous 6.9%.
- Norway PMI s.a. for December 46.6 – lower than expected. Consensus 48.4. Previous 48.6.
- Switzerland PMI Manufacturing for December 50.7 – higher than expected. Consensus 45.4. Previous 44.8.
- UK PMI Manufacturing for December 49.6 – higher than expected. Consensus 47.3. Previous 47.6.
- advertisements -