Frontrunning: September 28
- Euro Crisis Makes Fed Lender of Only Resort as Funding Dries Up (Bloomberg)
- Germany Slams 'Stupid' US Plans to Boost EU Rescue Fund (Telegraph)
- US Inflation Expectations Lowest for a Year (FT)
- Chinese Banks Raise Cash to Cushion Against Bad Debts (WSJ)
- Banks Wary of Financing Big Projects (FT)
- German Ruling Coalition Faces Tricky Bailout Vote (WSJ)
- Health Insurance Costs Deal Blow to Obama (FT)
- China Warns Asia Not to Hide Behind U.S. Military (Bloomberg)
- Japan Ruling Party Proposes $120B Tax Increase (Bloomberg)
Global economic highlights from Egan-Jones:
- Asian markets gain as investors take heart from European moves to contain debt crisis.
- China’s stocks drop to 14-month low, as property, railway companies sink.
- Oil falls to near $83/bbl in Asia after sharp rally ahead of key US economic releases.
- SEC proposes changes in market halts to apply to smaller declines, shorten them.
- Split opens over Greek bail-out terms; 7 eurozone members press for banks to pay more.
- Accenture's Q4 profit grows 37% as bookings jump; board ups dividend, buyback plan.
- AMR Corp. to mortgage planes, raise $726M.
- Atmel Corp. to buy Advanced Digital Design SA, terms undisclosed.
- Citic Securities said to raise $1.7B in Hong Kong share sale.
- Jabil Circuit's qtrly net nearly doubles to $114.3M amid strong revenues, cost cutting.
- General Motors workers expected to approve new four-year contract with company.
- KKR & Co. is among firms weighing a bid for Axa SA’s private equity fund unit.
- Man Group Plc shares fall 20% after it said its AUM will decrease.
- Paramount Pictures is restructuring, merges home entertainment & licensing operations.
- Paychex's Q1 net rises 13% as revs gained 9% at $563.1M, helped by acquisitions.
- RBC Capital pays $30.4M to settle SEC charges it misled 5 Wisconsin school districts.
- RIM shares rise on speculation investor Carl Icahn taking stake.
- SABMiller bid for Foster's clears regulatory hurdle.
- SandRidge Energy to sell Texas natural gas property for $231M, invest in oil drilling.
- Standard Microsystems' Q2 net income dips 7/8% despite 8% revenue gain.
- Synnex Corp.'s Q3 net rises 26% to $39M helped by acquisitions. Revs up 18% at $2.57B.
- Toyota records first worldwide output growth of 10.6% in a year as production recovers from disasters.
Economic Calendar: MBA Mortgage Index, Durable Orders, Crude Inventories to be released.
Earnings Calendar: ATU, DRI, DYNT, FDO, FFI, MKC, SNT, THO, TXI