Submitted by Finance Addict
2030: The World In Five Graphs
The following are from a report published last week by the European Union’s Institute for Security Studies (ISS).
They’re projections that assume today’s trends will continue in one direction only — which may not be the case.
1. India will have more people than China.
2. The richest nations will see their middle classes decline, while the middle classes of all other regions increase.
3. There will be less oil used and more use of gas & renewables.
4. The Millennium Development Goals will not be reached on schedule, but poverty will still decline.
5. Water continues to run dry.