This page has been archived and commenting is disabled.

Guest Post: Is There No Shame?

Tyler Durden's picture




 

Submitted by Jim Quinn of The Burning Platform

Is There No Shame?

“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world…would do this, it would change the earth. ” - William Faulkner

I wish I could believe William Faulkner’s advice was possible in the world we live in today. But sadly, I am losing hope in our civilization. We seem to have entered a death spiral with little likelihood of pulling out. Our society has become so degraded and our populace so apathetic and willfully ignorant, that I think we are too far gone to recover. Honesty, truth and compassion have been soundly defeated by injustice, lying and greed. Our technologically advanced society has become a stinking cesspool, devoid of humanity, common sense and morality. Those with the power and wealth who control our country do not concern themselves with quaint concepts like good and evil, right and wrong, or moral and immoral. Sociopaths see no obligation to society, humanity, or posterity. They only care about themselves, their wealth, their status, their reputation, and their control of others. They are incapable of feeling shame or remorse. They blindly march forward towards their own and society’s self-destruction.

Joe Paterno was fired by the Penn State Board of Trustees on Wednesday night as head football coach of Penn State. It was the first good decision that has been made in the last two decades by the leaders of Penn State. The man was told that his Defensive coordinator was seen in the locker room shower raping a 10 year old boy in 2002. He did not call the police and report this crime. He and the other top officials at Penn State brushed this crime under the rug, allowing at least seven more young boys to be raped by this monster. The 28 year old graduate assistant not only did nothing to stop the crime he witnessed, but he accepted a position as an assistant coach, knowing that Paterno and the Athletic Director never did anything to hold Sandusky accountable for his crime. Sandusky was still on campus working out as of last week. The actions of all the players in this disgusting example of how far our society has degenerated are enough to make someone lose all hope for humanity:

  • Jerry Sandusky creates a charitable organization so he can gain access to little boys. Multiple incidents are witnessed on campus from 1994 through 2002. A mother reports Sandusky to the Penn State police in 1998 and nothing is done by the men in the Administration. The investigation is dropped, but Tim Curley forces Sandusky to retire in 1999. It is clear that everyone in the top echelon of Penn State knew Sandusky was a deviant pedophile. But letting it become public would have been a black mark on the football program and could have reduced the huge profits generated by Paterno’s kingdom.
  • After his forced retirement he is still given access to the campus and locker room facilities. He is caught having anal sex with a 10 year old boy in the locker room shower by a 28 year old man, who chooses not to intervene and save the boy. Joe Paterno does the absolute minimum when informed of this horrific crime. After this crime is covered up by all the key men running the show at Penn State, it just becomes business as usual for Joe and his cronies.
  • Sandusky continues to rape little boys for the next eight years because of the cowardice and complete lack of morality exhibited by the men in high places at Penn State.
  • With the issuance of the grand jury report last week, the psychotic nature of these men was on display for the world to witness. In a stunning display of arrogance and hubris, Paterno and the President of Penn State announced their full support for the Athletic Director and VP of Finance who were arrested. These men did not think they did anything wrong. They clung to the fact that they adhered to the laws created by other men. In a despicable display, Joe Paterno led a cheer at a pep rally in front of his house with his arms raised in victory. At least eight boys had their lives ruined and Joe Paterno leads a cheer.
  • The Board of Trustees summoned the courage to fire Paterno and the President last night. In another display that makes me wonder about the future of our country, thousands of students rioted in support of Joe Paterno, breaking windows, turning over news vans, and starting fires. Are these young people incapable of critical thinking and are just driven by emotion and mindless rage? Can’t they distinguish between facts and lies? Do they care more about football than innocent children being raped?

I have been blind with rage for the last week as I’ve watched the powerful men of Penn State attempt to retain their power and reputations at the expense of truth, honesty, and accepting responsibility for their actions and willful inaction. As I’ve watched this tragedy unfold I was struck by the thought process of rich men in positions of power. They have huge egos and believe they are above the law. They think so highly of themselves they believe they can make the rules and ignore the laws which the little people must follow. They have no moral compass whatsoever. They cannot be shamed. The most despicable behavior by prominent men has been willfully overlooked because these men generate $50 million of profit per year for the university. Their sociopathic desire to protect their reputations and power has led to a scandal of such epic proportions that it will haunt Penn State forever and has permanently damaged the institution.

This is an institutional cancer that eats away at the fabric of our society. It is not isolated to Penn State. It is a societal sickness that threatens to overwhelm every facet of our lives. There is a constant thread that runs through every incident that comes to light. In 99% of the cases it is men protecting men. Money and greed always trump morality and truth. The exact circumstances can be observed in the priest abuse scandal that has rocked the Catholic Church in the last five years. Pedophile priests have existed within the Catholic Church for decades. The Penn State situation shows that pedophiles exist everywhere in our society. The bottom line is that they are sick men and need to be locked up and kept away from little boys. There is no more heinous criminal act than a grown man raping a little boy. Anyone who does this is pure evil and must be punished.

The Catholic Church’s wealth is almost beyond measurement. There are 1.2 billion Catholics in the world. The pope is one of the most powerful men on earth. Cardinals and bishops throughout the world wield tremendous influence over their flocks. As young Catholic boys you are taught that priests represent Jesus Christ on earth. They are treated with reverence and fear by little Catholic boys. Little Catholic boys would never question the motives of a priest. They are taught to obey, because a priest is the same as Jesus Christ. These beliefs allowed pedophile priests to prey on thousands of little boys around the world for decades with little or no backlash. Those crimes were horrific enough by themselves, but the actions of the bishops, cardinals and even the popes who have known about these crimes make it ten times worse. Again, powerful men will ignore rules, regulations, laws and simple human decency in order to protect their wealth, power, and reputations. Cardinals and bishops knew that priests were raping little boys and their solution was to transfer them to another parish where they could find fresh meat. The thought never entered their minds to turn these perverts in to the police. Their only concern was how a scandal would impact their beloved institution. Little boys were sacrificed at the altar of the Catholic Church by evil men.

The cover-up continues to this day. The Catholic Church uses the statute of limitations as their defense against the continuous stream of cases that continue to mount. They secretly pay out hundreds of millions to the victims as long as they promise to keep quiet. They use bankruptcy laws to close down parishes and avoid paying civil penalties for the crimes committed by its hierarchy. They hire public relations firms to create false and misleading stories designed to obscure the truth about the biggest criminal conspiracy in history. The powerful sociopathic men who were supposed to represent Christian teachings have destroyed the lives of thousands of boys in order to protect their institution. The end result is that in addition to the thousands of lives destroyed by the pedophile priests, hundreds of thousands of Catholics have lost faith in the leadership and have abandoned the church. The wealth these sociopaths attempted to protect has been eroded as donations have dried up and lawsuit payouts have mounted.

Not only have our educational and religious institutions failed us, but our financial and political institutions have spectacularly self-destructed over the last decade. Shockingly, these institutions have been run predominantly by men. At one time banks were stodgy institutions that abhorred risk and methodically made profits year after year by lending to people and businesses capable of paying them back. Investment firms were partnerships. If any one partner was to take an excessive risk, they could wipe out the personal wealth of the other partners. Therefore, they never took excessive risks or used excessive leverage. Their boring business model generated modest profits year after year. The officers of banks and investment houses were well compensated, but not excessively so. The leaders of these firms were children of the Great Depression. They understood bad times.

During the 1990's they were displaced by a new generation of leaders. This has not turned out well for our country. These psychopathic CEOs were given the green light by their fellow psychopaths in Congress and at the Federal Reserve to loot and pillage to their heart’s delight. This conspiracy of thieves broke down the barriers between traditional banking and gambling using excessive leverage. They captured the regulatory agencies that were supposed to police them and leveraged their bets 30 to 1. They created fraudulent mortgage instruments designed to lure the stupid and crooked. They marketed debt to anyone with a breath and ability to scratch an X on a piece of paper. They designed derivatives so complex that even their own Harvard MBAs couldn’t figure out how they worked. They bribed rating agencies into stamping a AAA credit rating on crap so toxic that they joked about the idiots they were selling it to. They shorted the very same derivatives they were selling to their clients. These psychopaths raked in hundreds of billions in fees, salaries and bonuses, while detonating a nuclear bomb on the worldwide financial system.

When their bets came up craps, they had the gall to hold the American people hostage for trillions in bailouts. Their fellow psychopaths in Congress gladly forked over the money. Rather than mend their ways, these evil men have returned to their excessive risk taking and continue to pay themselves billions in compensation, while the American middle class is smothered to death under mountains of debt. These evil Wall Street geniuses have shown no remorse as seven million people have lost their jobs and millions more have lost their homes due to the greed and avarice displayed on an epic scale.

Wall Street bankers exhibit the epitome of psychopathic behavior, showing lack of empathy and remorse, shallow emotions, egocentricity, and deceptiveness. Psychopaths are highly prone to antisocial behavior and abusive treatment of others. Though lacking empathy and emotional depth, they often manage to pass themselves off as average individuals by feigning emotions. These Wall Street bankers will never willingly accept responsibility for their actions. They continue to use their wealth and power to control the politicians in Washington DC and the misinformation propagated by the corporate media they control. They own and control the Federal Reserve and will print money until the whole system collapses in a spectacular implosion that destroys our financial system. They only care about their own wealth, influence and status. They have no shame.

When I consider all that is wrong in our society, I become despondent, angry and despairing for the future of our country. It seems that everyone in positions of power across the spectrum of education, religion, finance, and politics are psychopaths, bent upon self-destruction no matter the cost to society or unborn generations. Our nation has degenerated into an egocentric, self-loathing, vain, shallow excuse for a civilization. There is anger flaring up, but it is just as likely to be misdirected and misinformed. The lack of critical thinking skills and the overwhelming effects of media propaganda has so degraded the intelligence of the populace that when the system breaks down in the next few years, the masses will clamor for a savior rather than seeking truthful answers and willingly making the sacrifices required to get our nation back on track. This country will get what it deserves – a despotic ruler and a brutish civilization governed on the basest of principles. This is what happens when a society rewards lying and greed over honesty and compassion. There are consequences to actions and inactions alike. We’ve made our choice.

“By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.” - Adolf Hitler
 

- advertisements -

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:10 | 1867643 ArsoN
ArsoN's picture

reaching

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:16 | 1867672 eisley79
eisley79's picture

which ever tyler, let this tyler post, FAIL.  stick to the truth, and economics.  not bias and hearsay.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:21 | 1867701 eisley79
eisley79's picture

junk away cause you mad.  But while his points about society are correct, and his anger over pennstate legit.  Lots of this article is just personal opinion without fact. 

No amount of junking can turn FAIL to WIN.

Zerohedge and most of the tylers can do better. 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:29 | 1867749 GeneMarchbanks
GeneMarchbanks's picture

'Submitted by Jim Quinn of The Burning Platform'

So now you're up to speed.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:38 | 1867798 eisley79
eisley79's picture

whicever tyler let this tyler submit this, FAIL, now you are up to speed.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:41 | 1867815 Gene Parmesan
Gene Parmesan's picture

Communication fail.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:44 | 1867829 Fukushima Sam
Fukushima Sam's picture

Strange rumors that this may have been a pedophile ring:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ycn-10407023

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:08 | 1867899 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

There will clearly be more things to come, let's hope not the "ring".

The piece above is very frustrating, filled with so many important truths, and so many falsehoods.

What is simply the root truth to all of it; the devolution of morality, replaced by moral relativism in which each person has a "personal relationship" with his god - himself.  That is how evil has grown to become a larger party of Western society's culture, and why there's so much confusion and blindness discerning between good, evil, and nothingness.

AMDG

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:21 | 1867963 wisefool
wisefool's picture

rehashed points from a tired old man:

The christ said. "Give unto ceasar what is ceasars." Mitt Romney wants to be Ceasar but he will not explain what he gave to previous Ceasars, because of his personal relationship with his tax attorney.

Bloviating aside. And back to the point of this here blog (economics) If this really is a "Big Two" football game (Democrats vs. Republicans) The fix is in. Romney gets the R nomination. Then explains that he never released his taxes until now because he wants to run a smaller government and Obama gets his second term because nobody will vote for a billionaire who pays 14% tax.

What are the odds in vegas for a Romney 2012 win?, and will uncle warren underwrite this one like he does for the PepsiCo billion dollar give aways like he has done in the past? I think not.

Ron Paul 2012.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:32 | 1868611 Bicycle Repairman
Bicycle Repairman's picture

Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.  I understand that juvenile ass rape at Penn State has been greatly reduced, over 40% since 2000. /sarc

But seriously, Quinn, you hit this one out of the park.  The implications for society at large are ominous.  And it's not just greed.  There is a "constituency" for this.  People who practice and condone this.  Society-wide they need to be rooted out.  By any means necessary.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 23:21 | 1868760 wisefool
wisefool's picture

birds of a feather.  i sincerely thank zerohedge for part of my re-education. But somethings I learned before are the same and just as valid with or without re-enforcement.

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 00:17 | 1868916 Oh regional Indian
Oh regional Indian's picture

Catholic Church is the root of ALL current vileness visible on planet. ANd Sodomy is a big part of their story.

ORI

Rabbit Hole

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 00:55 | 1869004 TruthInSunshine
TruthInSunshine's picture

Molesting or harming a child is one of the gravest sins of all.

If we don't insist on the strongest protection for the most vulnerable among us - children - and the strongest punishment for those who whether by pure evil or warped psychological infirmities would harm or molest them, then we fail as a society in one of our most basic obligations.

Screw the football and games.

If Paterno looked the other way, and others at Penn State did as well, they are as culpable as the accused.

Quinn is right.

Great analysis.

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 02:06 | 1869115 Oh regional Indian
Oh regional Indian's picture

I'm sure folks have heard of Boystown.

It's a den of vipers, this Catholic Sodomizing Madhouse.

ORI

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 05:53 | 1869247 tion
tion's picture

Franklin Scandal v2.0

Why add limiting labels like 'Catholic' when the problem is so much bigger than that? 

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 11:03 | 1869676 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

Because for these people it's not about the truth (e.g. they would be crusading against all the teaching of beastiality in schools, and they would be going after the "state" and "teachers union" over the ratio of secular school teachers who do the same - the ratio in secular K-12 is much higher than any religious institutions).

The fact is for all these people who attack the "Catholic Church", they simply, as Bishop Fulton Sheen said long ago, hate what they THINK the Catholic Church is.  Irionically, and sadly, the non-Catholic "Christians" in doing so they are fulfilling the whole "the church will be attacked" prophesy and show zero true Charity as their God commanded and defined. 

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 11:05 | 1869680 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

No evidence of delusion, insanity or siding with evil in that assertion Oh Regional Indian...

Sat, 11/26/2011 - 20:34 | 1916326 lotsoffun
lotsoffun's picture

yes.  agreed.  as far as you can see.  and as far as i can see - in india 1 billion people with 900 billion of them TOTALLY FUCKED.  and you so fucking greedy - that you were already rich there and decided to come here and get richer (because compared to the american greed - from what i've seen on wall street - you guys eat us alive).  simple.  go back to where the f you came from.

really is that simple.  you add nothing here, just take.

didn't gandhi preach tolerance?  infact - check out recent disclosures about dear mr. the honorable reverent mr. gandhi.  he did bung holes.  which i have no problem with.  except - he lied about it.  truth.

 

 

 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:44 | 1868635 merizobeach
merizobeach's picture

I'll actually consider voting if Ron Paul runs.  I'd be beyond shocked if he gets the R nomination; I might actually be afraid that he'd sold out behind closed doors because that's the only way I can see him getting the nod by the party.  (If he does that with the plan to stiff them later, then good on him, but he'd better do his own grocery shopping and cooking.)

There was an interesting suggestion here a couple months ago that he choose Peter Schiff as a VP; that's an interesting idea.  I had considered Kucinich before; that might draw some more D support.  I'd want Jim Rickards for Treasury Secretary.

Tell bernank to burn the building down on his way out the door.  :-)

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:50 | 1868655 Michael
Michael's picture

Here is where the pedophiles hone theri act;

The Cremation of Care - Enhanced Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5dHhvpHIjM

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 13:43 | 1870319 Christophe2
Christophe2's picture

How about the banned documentary that links the HW Bush white house with a child prostitution ring + sadomasochism + drug abuse of said children?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggxiBWv4xYE

 

Or how 'they' (Rockefeller foundations, etc.) have systematically weakened the laws that deal with child molesters, using 'science' to argue that there is low recidivism and that the children involved are not truly victims?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enctLi051cU

 

=> Everything we are seeing at Penn State is happening ON PURPOSE, for the NWO's 'benefit'.

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 01:56 | 1869107 buyingsterling
buyingsterling's picture

Federal reserve chair: Jim Grant

Treasury: David Stockman

Defense: Kucinich

Housing and Urban Development: Block grant to Farakhan

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:25 | 1867970 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

AMDG

>> has rocked the Catholic Church in the last five years.<<

not true, shows author's ignorance - it has gone on much longer, in fact it was a public scandal when Paterno was told about this pedophile

>> Pedophile priests have existed within the Catholic Church for decades. The Penn State situation shows that pedophiles exist everywhere in our society.<<

pedophiles have existed in every organization of man, throughout history - in fact they exist in a greater percentage in the K-12 education system, it's just the pockets arent deep enough for lawyers to go after an "institutional" law suit.

>> As young Catholic boys you are taught that priests represent Jesus Christ on earth.<<

absolutely 100% false, author is either extremely ignorant or a liar

>> They are taught to obey, because a priest is the same as Jesus Christ. <<

absolutely 100% false, author is either extremely ignorant or a liar

>>These beliefs allowed pedophile priests to prey on thousands of little boys around the world for decades with little or no backlash. <<

absolutely 100% false, author is either extremely ignorant or a liar

>>Those crimes were horrific enough by themselves, but the actions of the bishops, cardinals and even the popes who have known about these crimes make it ten times worse. <<

100% true

>> Cardinals and bishops knew that priests were raping little boys and their solution was to transfer them to another parish where they could find fresh meat. <<

pervision and twisting of the truth

>>Little boys were sacrificed at the altar of the Catholic Church by evil men.<<

emotional hyperbole

>> Not only have our educational and religious institutions failed us, but our financial and political institutions have spectacularly self-destructed over the last decade. <<

The American people are failing themselves. American has embraced relativism and humanism as its gods. Her institutions do not create her culture, her values, her good or evil; they merely reflect its soul. The author's emotional selfishness is a witness to these truths.

As for PSU/Paterno et. al., it is an extremely ugly symbol of the "Happy Valley" of America.

AMDG

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:41 | 1868025 Imminent Crucible
Imminent Crucible's picture

Jim Quinn is a lifelong Catholic and well acquainted with the Catholic Church, its teachings and history. He has written extensively about this issue in the past.

It is also a fact that the Catholic church covered up thousands of cases of child rape by pedophile priests, and simply transferred the guilty parties to new dioceses without punishment and without notifying the new diocese that the man was a child molester. The current Pope Benedict XVI, formerly known as Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, admitted to being complicit in these coverups in the past.

I conclude that it is you that are ignorant and/or a liar.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:53 | 1868079 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

1st, the fact Jim Quinn calls himself a Catholic does not make him a Catholic, nor a Catholic in "good standing".

2nd, I ask you... What is the "Catholic church" {sic}?  It is true that priests and non-priests did everything from cover-up to make errors of ignornace.  You and Jim clearly want to paint anything, and anyone, who associates themselves as "Catholic" as complicit in both act and spirit. 

3rd, Pope Benedict has never, not as Pope, not as a Cardinal, admitted to being complicit in covering up the things you mention or imply.

You are either gravely ignorant, or a liar.

Anytime you and or Jim would like to debate the truth of any of these things - off of ZH - I will be glad to show to do so.

AMDG

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:17 | 1868140 JLee2027
JLee2027's picture

Well said

 

Who are we to judge God's Church?  

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:32 | 1868191 weinerdog43
weinerdog43's picture

I am.  As is anyone else with a brain.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:50 | 1868239 JLee2027
JLee2027's picture

Man judging works of God.  Oh, okay "brainless".

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:44 | 1868370 Mike2756
Mike2756's picture

If you want to believe, fine. you definitely don't need a money grubbing translater.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:05 | 1868434 tyler
tyler's picture

Opinions aren't truth.  But if these douche bags at the top don't feel sick reading the first two paragraphs of this article, which is all I could stomach, they should be punched.  Sick fucks.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:17 | 1868461 Ira Thurby-Wright
Ira Thurby-Wright's picture

"Anyone who does this is pure evil and must be punished."

So the War in Afghanistan, if not retribution for 9-11, must be to punish the sick tribal chiefs and war lords that among their other crimes regularly impose themselves upon little boys?

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:21 | 1868468 marsdefIAnCe
marsdefIAnCe's picture

this is an awfully long string of argument to be missing the obligatory note that dyncorp has been caught running kid prostitution rings repeatedly and remains the largest contractor for CPS in the united slaves of america

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:05 | 1868562 tarsubil
tarsubil's picture

For fucks sake. The world is run by evil. The world wasn't created to be run by evil.

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 00:23 | 1868937 marsdefIAnCe
marsdefIAnCe's picture

hey bro, cheer up, it only gets worse

 

obama biden OR osama bin hidin?

 

al-CIA-duh

 

DUH

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgS6CzBoEYs

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvJ3lRElnEo

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:07 | 1868438 WonderDawg
WonderDawg's picture

I think he was judging the works of the catholic church, rather than the works of God.

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 11:26 | 1869763 DaveyJones
DaveyJones's picture

I love that slight slip don't you? The ultimate mind control. Once it crosses over and earns the label, it is beyond questioning. One catch of course, they get to throw the labels

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:38 | 1868357 pappacass
pappacass's picture

@AMDG

Man your pretty much correct in your criticism of the article except in one aspect.  Now I don't know the ins and outs of how it all went down over there with you guys but here in Ireland those arsehole priests were moved off to other parishes as a matter of course.  Also this was all done with the knowledge, colusion, instigation and blessing of Cardinals and Bishops, a course of action that has been proven over here to go right up the ladder to Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger who was in charge of covering up this mess for the church.  It has also been proven over here that a small number of cops and politicos were involved too.  Our government has, and this is the only ballsy thing they've ever done, closed down out embassy in the Vatican in protest.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:30 | 1868490 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

Pappacass, 

I dont pretend to speak to individual situations, parishes, diocese, etc., but rather the truth.  Be more than happy to be shown the proof of Cardinal Razinger or anyone else's responsibility.  Virtually everytime such assertions are run to ground, it is found that they are opinion and not fact or proof.

For example, there's a huge difference between being the guy in charge - say President (Pope) - and the Attorney sent by a State's Attorney General (Bishop) to investigate something; that's a valid comp - each diocese/Bishop is their own legal entity.  Furthermore within the Catholic Church the Pope is the head regarding Faith and Morals; it gets more legally nuanced when it comes to Canon Law, which is the law the Pope and priests are bound to follow.

Trust me, as a decidedly conservative Roman Catholic, I am far more angry with the failures and evil's that have crept in the Catholic Church than I can express.   But all institutions of man, throughout all of man's history have experienced, and will continue to experience, such things. 

The measure of proof and truth is not an easy one, especially when it requires knowing the hearts and intentions of men.  Too often the definitions and criteria of proof and truth are so different between men that they become irreconcilable mountains between men.  Colusion, instigation and blessings are likewise difficult; especially when during the period of most of the incidents the world had embraced "free love" and other deviant and error filled psychological theories of man that effected the way virtually all institutions looked at questions of sexual right and wrong, and questions of sexual sickness and health.

Today, we have NY school systems talking about teaching that beastiality exist to children in sex ed class... where's the outrage?  It is certainly not heard on ZH, and shouldnt.  Just as this "Is there no shame" piece lost its way to ZH.  But where's the outrage on ZH for such things?  .... ZH is far more anarchistic than filled with those who seek the truth or to build something great; e.g. a nation and economic system founded on truth.  But it is a great site to find information that Wall Street doesnt want you to know, and that bitchz like CNBC and the MSM ignore.  So in that respect, it's a great site.

The circus and bread of Rome is not a old myth, and the sounds of the coliseum can be heard in the world.

Btw, AMDG isnt my name it stands for Ad maiorem Dei gloriam, the Jesuit's took it as their motto.  I'm Jesuit educated, and very very pissed off at their intellectual and spiritual behavior over the past 20 years....  And as a conservative Roman Catholic, lay much of the blame much of the US political/cultural breakdown at the feet of the US Catholic Church and Jesuits; they have had a huge influence on the Democratic Party and the Socialist/Social Justice poision that has infected America.

AMDG

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:15 | 1868587 tarsubil
tarsubil's picture

"decidedly conservative Roman Catholic"

Funny, you use four words to describe your faith yet Christian didn't make the cut.

Someone commented on those obsessed with ritual and not grace are ultimately in it for power and, I guess, raping young boys. Your long winded "oh, it's complicated" and "what is truth anyway?" bullshit and your deflection to what others are doing amounts to just handwaving. Have fun standing side by side with Ratslinger when the Almighty comes knocking.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 23:28 | 1868790 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

@Tarsubil

That's right, because the term Christian, especially today has so many different meanings to different people.  Where as calling oneself Roman Catholic does not, the Roman Catholic Church through its official teachings, Dogmas and non-Dogmas, is much more defined.  As such even people like you can go and read for yourself what that means; P.S. I highly recommend you do NOT ask a priest, especially a priest in America, because far too many are gravely afflicted with moral and intellectual error and confusion.

As for the rest of your comment, it displays your gross ignorance and gravely sick spirit as a, I assume, "christian". 

Here's one to ponder Tarsubil, how many stones have been picked up on this board and thrown, and what kind of stones are they?

I have not thown the evil and hate filled stones, but rather have decided to squat down and draw in the sand some messages of Truth and asked various forms of who without sin is casting stones?

Make no mistake, I do believe that justice does demand action on the part of men.  But the justice of man is not the same as saying one is worthy of condemnation.

You might want to go look in a mirror.

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 00:07 | 1868896 Sean7k
Sean7k's picture

Why would someone want to get involved with a religion where its' front line priests are considered unacceptable for advice and consideration? Where and when did Pope Benedict issue this statement? 

If the priests are" gravely afflicted with moral and intellectual error and confusion" after years of study and practice, what are the chances for the believer?

It would be better to "read for ourselves"? 

Do you listen to yourself? 

"I have not thrown the evil and hate filled stones" (those that disagree with me) "but rather, have decided to squat down ( with the heathen rabble) "draw messages of truth" (well I can cross the off the list, the truth is here!).

Sat, 11/12/2011 - 13:43 | 1872209 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

@Sean7k

re "Why would someone want to get involved with a religion where its' front line priests are considered unacceptable for advice and consideration? " - Well, you'll have to come up with a specific to create an answerable question; otherwise you've simply created an opinion/assertion with a question mark....

re "Where and when did Pope Benedict issue this statement?" - you should go back to your school and demand your money back; define "this", then you will have a question.

re "If the priests are" gravely afflicted with moral and intellectual error and confusion" after years of study and practice, what are the chances for the believer?" - EXCELLENT, finally a real question, and a good one too.  Well in the answer lies why the Catholic Church is much different than, and IMO a much better defender of the Faith than most Protestant churches.  First of all, it's not the years of study and practice but the quality; e.g. those poor and decieved believers in Communisim; think China, FSU & North Korea.  So it's really about did they get a proper formation in the seminary; sadly many did not.  Though that does not mean all the education they received was in error; the fact is most of their poor formation centers around the nexus of "Social Justice".   So where do you find the Catholic Answers, simple - the Catechism of the Catholic church and the official teachings put out by the Pope's via Encyclials; be careful however, one must understand there's a difference between teaching that is Dogma and Doctrine, and teaching that is a priests opinion and thoughts.  In the former you will find the official teachings of the Catholic Church; and even then only those declared infallible are considered involuable.  All other teachings are not "unchangable".  You may disagree, but at least in going to those sources, and this is the important part most miss, then and only then are you hearing the Authentic Catholic Church teaching.  Priests, they are well intentioned.  But they are in the end just men. 

IMO, then need to step away from all the "Social Justice" work and go back to focusing soley on the Sacraments.  Their ignorance as men is creating far more confusion and error than their words bring to the questions and issues; it is the job of the Bishops to speak on such matters - and even they at times fail, all people are human.

 re: >>"It would be better to "read for ourselves"?<< - this is a classic question, often used to mislead people.  First, the answer depends upon the reader; an atheist, a child, an adult Christian, an adult Hindu, a very poorly educated person, etc. would all see and understand the words differently would they not?  Now the argument is God, for the Christian who has "truly turned himself over to Christ", through the Holy Ghost ensure the person would see and understand what they are supposed to understand for where they are in their spiritual life.  Such assertions can not be proven, or disproven.  However, what can be shown beyond a reasonable doubt for anyone who is truly open to knowing Christ's plan for His Church on earth is that "Sola Scriptura" was not the way God intended for man to be revealed the fullness of His Truth.  To assert otherwise firmly shows the ignorance or false intention of the one making such an assertion. 

re: >> Do you listen to yourself?   "I have not thrown the evil and hate filled stones" (those that disagree with me) "but rather, have decided to squat down ( with the heathen rabble) "draw messages of truth" (well I can cross the off the list, the truth is here!). << - thanks for making so clear your true intention to distort what I said.

AMDG

Sat, 11/12/2011 - 22:41 | 1872905 Sean7k
Sean7k's picture

So, you engage in a semantic dance. How quaint. Typical response from someone that cannot defend their own statements.

Next, so everyone is supposed to get a rigorous education from a qualified seminary? Something they may not realize until they have completed their studies? Unbelieveable. Again, you fail to provide an answer of any value.

Then insult the argument by referring to being misleading. That is what you do when you have already lost the argument- what no debate 101 at seminary?

Like I said, you are an intellectual coward. Incapable of defending your statements.  

 

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 11:44 | 1869790 DaveyJones
DaveyJones's picture

I'm a former catholic and a former prosecutor and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. It could be plain old denial (which is more than common in child rape), it could something worse, but it is not good for catholics, not good for the church, and not good for children. The very reason the church has had to pay out amazingly large amounts of money and even sell property is because of their systemic coverup, a system which saw no national or diocesan borders let alone ANY religious order.     

Sat, 11/12/2011 - 13:46 | 1872212 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

Your admittal as a "former catholic" shows your biast, and your poor writing, argument, and logic shows why you are a "former" prosecutor...

 

Mon, 11/14/2011 - 09:32 | 1875245 tarsubil
tarsubil's picture

Tell me, have you thrown any stones? What a total fraud you are. Have you noticed that no one is buying it either?

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:28 | 1868605 jeff montanye
jeff montanye's picture

horseshit.  the man at the top of the organization gets the gravy for the good and the seppuku for the bad.  

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:57 | 1868413 Sean7k
Sean7k's picture

Nice to hear from a Catholic "judge". Every religion needs a referee that can say when someone belongs and not...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/09/pope-benedict-stalled-chi_n_532073.html It appears Benedict was involved. 

Of course, I was raised a Catlicker, certifiable, but would never have anything to do with a church that has committed the crimes against humanity that Rome has spawned. It was finding out that the wafers and wine were changed into the ACTUAL body and blood of Christ that leaves me quesy- no cannibalism for me thanks. 

Get over your religion. They are vehicles for the accumulation of power and influence. In the exercise of power and influence, immoral acts will be contenanced and kept quiet. 

 

Sat, 11/12/2011 - 14:03 | 1872231 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

Thanks for the perfect example of ignorance and distortion that claims "proof".

Here's the opening from the very unbiased HuffingtonPost.com: >>The future Pope Benedict XVI resisted pleas to defrock a California priest with a record of sexually molesting children, citing concerns including "the good of the universal church," according to a 1985 letter bearing his signature.  The correspondence, obtained by The Associated Press, is the strongest challenge yet to the Vatican's insistence that Benedict played no role in blocking the removal of pedophile priests during his years as head of the Catholic Church's doctrinal watchdog office.  The letter, signed by then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, was typed in Latin and is part of years of correspondence between the diocese of Oakland and the Vatican about the proposed defrocking of the Rev. Stephen Kiesle, who pleaded no contest to misdemeanors involving child molestation in 1978.  The Vatican confirmed Friday that it was Ratzinger's signature and said it was a typical form letter used in laicization cases.<<

re >> "The future Pope Benedict XVI resisted pleas to defrock ... citing concerns including "the good of the universal church,"<< -  clearly Huffington and Sean are ignorant of what defrock means; it is a legal status within the Catholic Cannon Law.  There are LAWS within the Catholic Church that priests, Bishops and even the Pope must follow - btw, these laws, far older than any current Western laws are the root orgin of Western laws.  The laws were put in place to protect priests and Catholic laity from unjust administrative actions of priests, Bishops, Popes, etc.  There are Canconical processes and laws which must be followed.  That is what the Pope was doing, and what he meant by "for the good of" the church.  Just as ANY one who believes no one is above the law, or above the protections afforded in the US Constitution.  So again, another one who claims to be very knowledgeable and has proof has only proved the opposite of both.

Hence why the Vatican confirmed it was a typical form letter used in laicization cases. 

@ Sean: Do you claim to be a Christian?  If so your "It was finding out that the wafers and wine were changed into the ACTUAL body and blood of Christ that leaves me quesy- no cannibalism for me thanks." is common, in fact it goes all the way back to Christ.  When Christ said until you eat of my body and drink of my blood you will not have life within you (it's in the Gospel, go look it up - not even most Protestant churches have had the courage to create a lie by removing or re-wording it); when Christ said these words the Gospel says many upon hearing this walked away.  Okay, so like you they walked away from Christ - for whatever reason they did is somewhat irrelevant.  The critical fact is this, Christ didnt say "stop, you misunderstood me".  Feel free to go look what He did and said next.  But here's the problem for ANY Christian who denys the Catholic Dogma of the actual body and blood of Christ.  Christ didnt stop those who walked away the first time.  Christ knew what they believed He said because they said it to the others present; e.g. "this guys nuts, I'm out of here".  IF they misunderstood Christ, Christ would have tried to stop them.  Christ did not.  You dont have to believe.  You can walk away, for whatever reason.  But if you claim to be a Christian, who believes in the New Testament.... I think you have an understanding and belief you need to face logically.  You may not feel comfortable with what the logic says, but you can not believe only part of the actual body and blood of Christ part of the Gospel. 

And no, I do not have to "get over" religion (btw, it's not my religion - again showing your need to always make things personal and about you as your god).

AMDG

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:35 | 1868136 Don Birnam
Don Birnam's picture

Crucible speaks the truth. Indeed, in the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Roman Church vigorously opposed legislation which had been discussed that would require priests who have been convicted of sexual crimes with young children - I stress the past tense; this law would apply to those already having been adjudicated guilty - to be registered as every other deviant felon, guilty of the same crime(s): as a registered sex offender, and inclusion in the database which bears this very name.

Diocesan opposition. Why would this be ? Alas, a rhetorical question, already answered by Mr. Quinn.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:36 | 1868204 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

This is a perfect example of the grave ignorance I speak of. 

Mr. Birnam, would you care to tell us all what is the "Roman Church" and who exactly, by name and official capacity, "vigorously opposed" the legislation?

The fact is, you will be talking about individual men, some no doubt priests, but none able to speak officially for the Roman Catholic Church.

Most non-Catholics and Protestants so closely identify their faith and their church with their "priest" they are blind to the difference in the Catholic Faith and Catholic Church.  The sad truth is, it is this exact same blindness and association with a man, made into an idol, that is at the crucible of the PSU scandal AND the financial crisis.

All these things share the evil of men failing to look honestly in the mirror, and seeking out others to blame for the evil they have let grow as they silently sat by as they let relativism and humanism grow under the banners of Liberalism, Progressivism, and tolerance.

AMDG

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:48 | 1868234 Bob
Bob's picture

So you're gonna lay this at the feet of the atheistic humanists? 

Better take a survey of all the various churches.

Humanists are those do-gooders who don't turn a blind eye.  Find some organized humanists who've systematically perpetrated child sexual abuse. 

You can't. 

It's a patently absurd position to take. 

Your god may be an asshole, I'm afraid.  Certainly a lot of those who witness for him are. 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:35 | 1868352 GeezerGeek
GeezerGeek's picture

I guess it depends on how one defines 'humanist'. Not all 'humanists' are do-gooders, nor are any such exempt from the warning that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. The various declarations of humanism all seem to make mankind the measure of all things and dispense with God entirely. Such thinking led to that wonderful garden party called the French Revolution, wherein Reason was exalted and Christianity denied. Such an attitude easily led to the murderous excesses of Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot. I believe that it was Dostoevsky, the great Russian writer, who observed that if God does not exist then all things are permissible. Nowadays we call that moral relativism.

As for your last sentence, certainly there are numerous persons who call themselves Christians but have no knowledge of the Bible or what they should be saying about it. They will, I fear, have a rude awakening, as it were, when they die. Anyone who has read and studied the New Testament cannot help but be appalled when hearing a supposed Christian acting 'holier than thou'. It is the religious equivalent of a self-proclaimed conservative voting to establish Medicare Part D.

I wonder if the members of NAMBLA would consider themselves Christians or humanists?

 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:01 | 1868420 Bob
Bob's picture

"Easily led" to those monstrous excesses?  As if they never happened until sick states ran new and better stories to justify evil?

What a pleasing interpretation of history for the religiously disdainful. 

What would NAMBLA consider themselves?  I have no idea, but if you really want to know, you should ask them. 

A good story is a terrible thing to waste. 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:13 | 1868452 Sean7k
Sean7k's picture

Of course, the "Age of Reason"was a response to the centuries of Catholic demands that knowledge be processed through their philosphical chicanery. The Church has always championed ignorance and the control of information.

All totalitarian regimes eat from the same trough of exceptionalism, cruelty and the impoverishment of all for the luxury of the few. 

Humans are selfish and greedy. Why Mr Quinn has trouble understanding this is amazing. There are benefits to social systems that encourage restraint. Religion can do this, Clans and well connected local organization can as well. However, they are still populated by greedy, selfish human beings and some of these are psychopaths.

There are zero optimal human systems that allow for heaven on earth. Thus, we are left with the detritus of humanity. This is why you should stop believing people and start evaluating conditions and situations that have goals that meet your own. Believing in humanity or their imaginary embodiments of perfection will leave you disappointed every time.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:33 | 1868496 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

Bob, I speak of ideologies not of people.  You are doing exactly what Wall Street and evil wants you to do, to focus on people not the principals or ideals or moral values held.

Yes, a lot of people, from many different faiths, who witness for God are assholes.  As are all those people and ideologies that hate God.

Your comments betray grave ignorance.

AMDG 

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 00:22 | 1868932 dogbreath
dogbreath's picture

HCSKIGHT

You remind me of Johnny the gold troll but you are the RC troll.  Maybe maybenot.   Anyway, have you read "in gods name"  by David Yallop.

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 01:16 | 1869048 Harlequin001
Harlequin001's picture

'I speak of ideologies not of people.  You are doing exactly what Wall Street and evil wants you to do, to focus on people not the principals or ideals or moral values held.

Wall street focus's on the 'principals or ideals' of how they account for these securities,  not the people who do it.

You are splitting hairs and talking bullshit.

The Church IS the people, as is any other organisation staffed and managed by humans. Stop making excuses for deviant and unacceptable behaviour.

 

Sat, 11/12/2011 - 14:06 | 1872237 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

No, the church to you is people - a very common Protestant and non-Catholic belief.  However, The Church, when speaking of the Catholic Church, is not the people.  Your logic would be like saying the North Korea is it's people. 

And I am not making any excuses for anyone.

 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:48 | 1868235 blunderdog
blunderdog's picture

Yeah, if I were still Catholic, I too would want to find a way to blame the Enlightenment for the priests who rape little boys.

Good thinkin.

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 11:52 | 1869850 DaveyJones
DaveyJones's picture

great line. and remember, it was the priest who raped a little boy, it was the church that let him rape a hundred.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:03 | 1868277 i-dog
i-dog's picture

You seem very emotionally invested in this ... is there perhaps something in your past activities you'd like to share with us? You can, you know ... you're among friends....

As they say: You only draw defensive fire when you're over the target!!

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:10 | 1868580 thatthingcanfly
thatthingcanfly's picture

I-dog has him all figured out! What other possible reason would a man have for defending Catholocism from gross embellishments regarding systemic sex abuse EXCEPT that he's secretly interested in little boys himself?! Thank you I-dog for your bounty of wisdom.

 

Now take your ad hominem nonsense and climb back in the dustbin of history with your friend Sigmund Freud.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 23:25 | 1868767 PeterB
PeterB's picture

A guilty conscious needs no accuser & those closet to the church are farthest away from god.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:26 | 1868328 Jay Gould Esq.
Jay Gould Esq.'s picture

Catholic Church, Roman Church, Holy See -- you seem to take offense at every definition of this religious institution headquartered in Vatican City. Very well, then -- what do you call it?

Quinn relates an accurate, substantiated account of the cover-ups within the Catholic Church ( worldwide in scope, I will add ). It is circle the wagons round the Old Boys Club -- only these old boys wear scarlet cassocks.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:04 | 1868433 Think for yourself
Think for yourself's picture

I call it the Antichrist, or The Beast. Factual, and it has a nice ring to it.

Sat, 11/12/2011 - 14:10 | 1872239 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

I take offense at falsehoods that try to assert themselves as truth.

The Catholic Church is defined in great detail in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and in the Catholic Canon Law.  You can go look it up yourself.

IF Quinn could prove what you claim, there would be nothing to discuss - all your assertions and the rightful punsihments (which if the claims could be proven I would completely support) would have been handed down.

You like many others think you are wise and educated, but your words keep proving you are gravely ignorant and immature.

AMDG

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:32 | 1868340 I am a Man I am...
I am a Man I am Forty's picture

Hi HCS, God here (BTW, only you can read this).  Yeh, I read ZeroHedge and post on here quite a bit.  Hey, psssst, don't believe everything you read, many people that wrote on my behalf weren't really followers, they just pretended to know me to have power over others and for people to think that they were special and to get free shit.

Anyway, turn the other cheek my man.

Your humble  man upstairs.

ps, sorry about all the F-bombs, this site gets me so worked up

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:41 | 1868364 wisefool
wisefool's picture

Agreed. No spagetti monster history club ever brought unwanted force to me. Nor have I to anybody else. The IRS and money printers have. I am not apart of the 100-51-16%.

snarc: Tyler, I will kick your ass if you do not start including "children of men" avatars. Seriously dude. People who were not born before the book were wrtitten are now influencing voting for the POTUS who puts the teleprompter-printer in cheif in power.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:42 | 1868365 GeezerGeek
GeezerGeek's picture

Reading your reply brought to mind the old TV show Maude. There was a line the main character used to use a lot that referred to God. I do remember thinking it wasn't appropriate for her to be saying that, either.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:50 | 1868393 I am a Man I am...
I am a Man I am Forty's picture

What, no faith?

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:14 | 1868454 wisefool
wisefool's picture

John Lennon said it best. Happiness is a warm gun weilded by Michelle Bachman riding shotgun on sarah palin's  momma bear cavalry.

Hans Gruber: You asked for the impossible, I give you the IRS (better than faith)

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:11 | 1868576 Sean7k
Sean7k's picture

HCSKnight,

You are an intellectual COWARD. You want to be able to dismiss all the actions of the priesthood, by sectioning them off to the non-sanctioned corral. You can't handle the truth, so you create this fantasy where a righteous group of "real Catholics" do all they can to maintain Christ's church on Earth.

You attempt to rationalize their actions by referring to other groups and subsections of the population that perpetrate similar actions. As if you can justify immorality through generality.

Worse, you attack Liberalism (when you obviously have accepted the hijacked definition) and Tolerance- one of the greatest qualities a human can practice (Turn the other cheek?). 

The Catholic church is a monster and has been for hundreds of years. "As long as there has been god, there has been killing in his name". The Catholic church has also turned out wonderful scholars, scientists, musicians, artists and tireless persons of great charity. Rarely are these benevolent personalities part of the Church leadership. 

Humans are capable of great works- both miraculous and destructive. Which church or belief they care to give credit, is not necessarily a reflection of the leadership. Inspiration is not a product of the human imagination.

 

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 11:56 | 1869868 DaveyJones
DaveyJones's picture

That was quite the Inquisition...oops

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 02:19 | 1869127 buyingsterling
buyingsterling's picture

Some of your dogma is off, but you are justifiably defensive about catholicism's obvious weaknesses. 

_Orthodox_ Catholics -are- taught that priests are representatives of Christ on earth, and are chosen because of their nature and character, being trusted with many powers, not the least of which is confession and counsel. Children are taught to trust priests. The same is true of the Catholic church - or I missed the papal statement warning young catholics not to let priests abuse them.

The existence of the Catholic church hangs on the fact that they changed the creed and were kicked out of the universal worldwide catholic ('believed by all people') church, the Orthodox church, in 1054. Of course this was just a power grab by people prepared to piss on 700 years of agreement. The power grab continues to this day, and pedophilia is to be expected in a power-based institution. Strangely, there's no molestation scandal in the Orthodox church, which has 300 million+ worldwide members. Only the catholics. Of course the catholics banned priests from marrying. Orthodoxy generally insists upon it, especially when a priest will be counseling both men and women. It's good for priests to know something about being a normal, sexual man living with a normal sexual woman.

A google search for "the catholic church changed" brings up oodles of answers. Add the word "orthodox" and you get bupkiss. Maybe that's the source of the confusion: the catholic church keeps changing their ideas and dictates to suit the times. Global banking and government, anyone? If it walks like a duck....

Sat, 11/12/2011 - 14:15 | 1872247 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

Priests are representatives of Christ, but that is not what was asserted.

re "I missed the papal statement warning young catholics not to let priests abuse them." - well, there are no Papal statements because none are needed.  The Catechism clearly lays out the Catholic teaching on sexual sin.

re "Strangely, there's no molestation scandal in the Orthodox church" - your assumptions display a huge ignorance.

Honestly, most of your post also does the same.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:48 | 1868388 dark pools of soros
dark pools of soros's picture

lots of Rabbi molestors too but somehow the press doesn't spam it like all the others.. wonder why

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:08 | 1868443 Think for yourself
Think for yourself's picture

Because judaism contains an omerta law by which a crime commited within the jewish microcosm that could be damaging to the community at large if reported to broader authorities needs to be kept silent and/or solely reported to the spiritual authority in charge.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:45 | 1868514 whstlblwr
whstlblwr's picture

This is lie, okay dinner waiting but found one study. 88% Christian. There are more studies, but you hard to see the seperation by religion because not PC. When we discuss and have knowledge then we can fix. Just realize this is study of child offenders who murder, so different.

http://www1.csbsju.edu/uspp/CrimPsych/CPSG-6.htm

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:09 | 1868445 lotsoffun
lotsoffun's picture

statistically less.  hugely statiscally less outside of ny, ca, fla.

 

 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:37 | 1868206 Goldilocks
Goldilocks's picture

@ HCSKnight, Combine paragraphs 3 & 4, and you almost got … pedophiles have existed in every organization of man … wherever the Catholic religion is present.

As for the rest … 100% true – 100% false … indefensible, inconsistent … Total fail.

… apparently, there is no shame (for some). False witness pedophile apologist!!!

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:36 | 1868500 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

Goldilocks, I think the 3 bears did more damage to you than the kids version lets on....

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:56 | 1868545 Goldilocks
Goldilocks's picture

 

I'm all about balance, see...

You can kiss my ass jester,
not on dis side,
not on dat side,
but right in zee middle here.

Sat, 11/12/2011 - 14:16 | 1872249 HCSKnight
HCSKnight's picture

On balance, you are far to ugly to even consider such an offer....

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:38 | 1868622 Bicycle Repairman
Bicycle Repairman's picture

Let's just stop the BS here.  The Catholic church has completely abandoned the faithful and their teachings on this issue.  It is a pervasive, institutional problem, and they have done nothing.  BTW did anyone hear about the big birthday party for Cardinal Law in Rome?

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 13:09 | 1870151 Don Birnam
Don Birnam's picture

Seriously ? What were the particulars -- a re-creation of one of Tiberius' First Century palace revelries ?

The last time we heard about "Lavendar" Law, he was boarding a late-night flight at Logan bound for the Holy See -- about ten paces ahead of a grand jury subpoena. Law personifies everything that is wrong with the Roman Church. Frankly, a reprobate.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:53 | 1868072 Bob
Bob's picture

I've seen it devolve in the workplace.  Perhaps money is our God . . . because I've seen an entire society become more and more twisted by the ever more corrupt demands of several waves of progressively sicker business administration over the last 25 years.  It is somehow correlated with neo-liberal economics . . . we seem to have off-shored both our dignity and our consciences. 

Most people aren't religious . . . but everybody seems to love money. You just gotta cheapen yourself enough to get it and then call it making a living. 

And we're surprised to find that we've become toothless crack whores. 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:57 | 1868092 duo
duo's picture

the "1%" aren't just the rich.   Celebrities and sports figures are included.  How many murders, drunk driving homocides, gambling, etc., have been overlooked because the perp was famous (even if not rich)?

OJ...Tiger...various NFL QBs...half the NBA...do you see a pattern?

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:04 | 1868112 Sabibaby
Sabibaby's picture

Only in the West would cheating on your wife be compared to killing your wife. 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:14 | 1868302 blunderdog
blunderdog's picture

Nah. 

OJ and Tiger--RICH.

Michael Vick--NOT RICH.

See a pattern?

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:04 | 1868114 nyse
nyse's picture

"Perhaps"?

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:17 | 1867918 Pegasus Muse
Pegasus Muse's picture

Penn State University.  The home of Michael "Hide the Decline" Mann, the Director of Earth System Science Center at that venerable center of higher learning.  

Another glimpse into a culture of corruption.

Remember this?   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqc7PCJ-nc

Michael E. Mann (born December 28, 1965) is an American physicist and climatologist, currently director of the Earth System Science Center at Pennsylvania State University. He is best known as lead author of a number of articles on paleoclimatology and as one of the originators of a graph of temperature trends over the last thousand years, called the "hockey stick graph" because of its shape. The graph was highlighted in an Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report, receiving both praise and criticism, and has been the subject of a long-running controversy. Mann is also known as a founding member of the RealClimate blog, to which he and a number of other scientists contribute, and is the co-author with Lee R. Kump of Dire Predictions: Understanding Global Warming (2008).

In November 2009, hackers obtained emails from the Climatic Research Unit of the University of East Anglia that had been exchanged by Mann and other climatologists and posted them online, triggering the Climatic Research Unit email controversy, dubbed "Climategate" by the media. Two reviews commissioned by Pennsylvania State University cleared Mann of allegations of ethical misconduct arising out of the content of the emails. 

more:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Mann 

 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:57 | 1868260 Vagabond
Vagabond's picture

Damn good point, thanks for bringing it up.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:01 | 1868426 GeezerGeek
GeezerGeek's picture

Apparently Penn State is very accomplished in applying whitewash.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:52 | 1867863 Bob Sponge
Bob Sponge's picture

Eisley: Please reply with the real facts since you say this is inaccurate......or SHUT UP. Let's hear it......

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:09 | 1867903 twotraps
twotraps's picture

eisley79 you have got to be fucking kidding me

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:21 | 1867961 eisley79
eisley79's picture

which part, the part where i said "his anger over pennstate legit" and all the idiot college age trolls that cant even read jumped to a bunch of wrong conclusions about what I was saying having anything to do with penn state, cause they are a.) mad, b.) 3 year arts majors, and c.) posting without reading?

 

yah, you go to be fucking kidding me too, eh?

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:04 | 1868110 twotraps
twotraps's picture

ok darling, what really upsets you about people being upset about a kid getting raped?  Which part?  Where do we stick to economics in this case?  Unhappy about the writing style.  You get the point, you made your statement, you got your reaction, cheers.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:38 | 1868506 Race Car Driver
Race Car Driver's picture

You'd be singing a different tune if that jock cock was stuffed in your ass and all this quaint talk about economics would take on a whole new level of (un)import.

Kudos to Jim Quinn and Tyler(s) for putting this up where a lot of eyeballs see it.

Money, power and corruption - it all goes hand-in-hand... you know you're soaking in it?

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:45 | 1868054 Piranhanoia
Piranhanoia's picture

volunteer your name pedophile,  the rest will be done for you.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:47 | 1868055 mogul rider
mogul rider's picture

sick bastards

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:17 | 1868142 Moe Gamble
Moe Gamble's picture

May you end up in a corner of hell where you can be continually ass-raped.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:40 | 1867807 XitSam
XitSam's picture

It wouldn't be the Fourth Turning if things like this didn't happen.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:29 | 1867751 john39
john39's picture

so opinion automatically means fail?  just my opinion, but FAIL.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:39 | 1867804 eisley79
eisley79's picture

that is what is refered to as a straw man argument, so yes fail.

stick to reading instead of commenting, and let zerohedge stick to truth and economics.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:38 | 1868032 Imminent Crucible
Imminent Crucible's picture

Why not give us your whole name: Mos Eisley79.

Wretched hive of scum and villainy, the man said.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:12 | 1868129 francis_sawyer
francis_sawyer's picture

Hey Eisley... Here's some more "heresay" for you to track down...

http://traders-anonymous.blogspot.com/2011/11/morning-corner-111011.html?showComment=1320958101440#c6862733253458829741

It just keeps getting weirder...

The DA who had the file on the Sandusky case went "missing" in 2005 and was finally declared dead in July of this year...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45244328/ns/local_news-philadelphia_pa/?GT1=...

"This district attorney who had “a bitter taste in his mouth for the [Penn State] program, and its coach,” according to his nephew, and yet never prosecuted Sandusky, disappeared on April 15, 2005, after telling his girlfriend that he was going on a drive.

Ray Gricar’s car was found the next day in a Lewisburg parking lot and his laptop, sans hard drive, was found in the Susquehanna River, according to the Patriot-News."

---

Boy - taking that kind of mystery to other realms... If Ron Paul ever gets elected, the list grows with regards to things he'll have to avoid...

- book depositories
- airplanes
- tall buildings
- Susquehanna River

---

I'm sure it's all just a kooky coincidence...

 

 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:17 | 1868460 tarsubil
tarsubil's picture

This is the most disturbing part. Who kills powerful district attorneys and gets it ruled as lost person? This fucking thing is huge. Sardunsky was at Penn State his entire college and adult life. What if he learned this behaivor which is so often the case?

Bottom line. If you want justice with pedophiles, you have to dispense it yourself. But don't forget to question people before you send them off to be judged by the Almighty lest the others get away with it.

And by the way, the retarded devotion to a silly fucking kids game is what gave JoePa and Sardunsky the power to do this.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:46 | 1868522 Race Car Driver
Race Car Driver's picture

> And by the way, the retarded devotion to a silly fucking kids game is what gave JoePa and Sardunsky the power to do this.

One can't have a fascist state without structure, leadership, teamwork, loyalty, obedience ... and all that other corpro-crap they pedal in these 'institutions'. It's the structure of the sytem and it's how it gets perpetuated. GW and Perry were both college cheerleaders 'cause they couldn't cut the physical stuff... but they were part of the system all the same.

It's not a kids game. It's where the powerful are groomed - and it seems they're all queer.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:53 | 1868540 tarsubil
tarsubil's picture

I fucking hate it. I went to a nephews 2nd grade football game and there were 6 fucking coaches on the sidelines. 2nd fucking grade! And these guys are yelling at the kids like marine sergeants. And I'm the only one asking people, what the fuck is wrong with everyone? Do males think their penis will get bigger by yelling at near toddlers? I'll throw the ball around in the backyard, but my kids are never ever fucking playing organized sports. Fuck that.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:54 | 1868668 Mediocritas
Mediocritas's picture

Seconded. Kids sports really bring out all the overweight tinpot Hitlers out there.

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 02:53 | 1869162 FreudianSlip
FreudianSlip's picture

not all are queer...clearly some professional athletes have been known to go both ways and locker room showers are not the place to be last and alone unless you're looking to play hide the soap

 

this is straight from my exbf a pro football player.......he says all through high school, college and pro football about 1/3 of the guys were sexually aggressive and always trying to nail something...anything...and locker rooms & showers were always the playground of the jocks...it was considered macho to do one another in the locker room shower...their secret sex sport after the game or practice

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 18:51 | 1871171 SilverRhino
SilverRhino's picture

Nice hobo sign ("Owner of house has a gun")

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:36 | 1868203 twotraps
twotraps's picture

at least you are willing to clarify your statement, I don't imagine many would disagree with ZH sticking to econ and facts...my guess is that its hard to be critical of an article triggered by the rape of a kid. 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:41 | 1867810 FreshMind
FreshMind's picture

Some just lack the desire to see others perceptions. It's why we are here today.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:40 | 1867811 Gene Parmesan
Gene Parmesan's picture

This eisley idiot has no problem with allowing grown men to molest children, or he hasn't read the grand jury presentment.

http://media.nbcphiladelphia.com/documents/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

The institution is guilty.

 

 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:22 | 1868472 tarsubil
tarsubil's picture

I couldn't read past page two or I'd literally throw up. Anyone that covered this up or took part should be put to death. May God have mercy on their souls.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:36 | 1867787 jcaz
jcaz's picture

Naw, I'll just laugh at the PA people who continue to blindly defend Joe-  truly, the blind following the blind.....

I bet Joe thinks he's still gonna coach come Saturday-  surely, this "phone thing" was just a mistake.....

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:43 | 1867821 ghostfaceinvestah
ghostfaceinvestah's picture

Anyone supporting that old man is as sick as the pedophile he covered up for.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:38 | 1868029 duo
duo's picture

Supposedly a DA was on Sandusky's case in the '90's and disappeared along with the HDD from the laptop he had with him.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:57 | 1868093 max2205
max2205's picture

I think Faulkner was gay; right?

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:35 | 1868351 giddy
giddy's picture

ummm... fuck you

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:39 | 1868213 realitybiter
realitybiter's picture

In fact, folks should grow some spine and vote with their pocketbooks.  You child rapists and institutions which foster child rapists can support yourselves.  If you are paying tuition at Penn State or paying admission to the games you have been a proud sponsor child rape.  Congrats!!

 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:58 | 1868417 GeezerGeek
GeezerGeek's picture

Wow. Do you pay taxes to the national government? By your line of reasoning, anyone paying taxes is guilty of killing Gaddafy. Or Qadaffi. Or both of them. Was anyone old enough to pay taxes 8 yers ago guilty of killing Hussein (Sadam, not Barack).

Until all the facts are known, I think it is best to refrain from judging. We all know how guilty those Duke athletes were once the truth came out.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:48 | 1868529 tarsubil
tarsubil's picture

Anyone remotely familiar with both Duke lacrosse and this case knows that they are totally different. I'll guess that you're trolling like the other pedophiles on here.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:13 | 1867920 narnia
narnia's picture

there are substantially more decent people who assume responsibility for themselves and their families in this world than scumbags who prey on the weak and their enablers.  

the lesson here is don't be the weak & don't take stuff at face value. don't expect "society", institutions or the government to do due diligence for you, be wise, or act in your interest.  know your surroundings, assume responsibliity for yourself & your children, don't put yourself or your children in vulnerable situations, and be prepared to protect yourself and your family.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 23:31 | 1868804 Rentier
Rentier's picture

Narnia great post!

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:35 | 1868022 lotusblue
lotusblue's picture

You Frightened Boy,are a desesitized pathetic puke.These psycopaths that touch these despicible acts should seek your little puke @ss and sodimize you.

 Oh,that's right,you wouldn't feel a thing.

Seek counseling quickly!

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:59 | 1868100 I am more equal...
I am more equal than others's picture

eisley79... Coach is that you? 

You are exactly what is wrong with society. 

May you share a cell with the Penn State staff and may you experience their staffs in ways that would make Richard Simmons blush.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:13 | 1868134 11b40
11b40's picture

Seems to me that Mr. Quinn is putting in words what so many of us see with our own eyes and feel in our guts.  Maybe you are simply young and have no memoryof how things once were, but many of us know the difference and understand what has happened to our country and society.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:26 | 1868478 Yellow Tang
Yellow Tang's picture

A lot of Christians will be junking posts on this page.

 

And that makes me chortle.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:05 | 1868566 mayhem_korner
mayhem_korner's picture

 

 

Christians...or...Catholics?  Dey ain't necessarily da same ting, y'no.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:08 | 1868574 BandGap
BandGap's picture

Fuck you.  Just go fuck yourself. If you have kids you might understand.  So shut your fucking piehole and keep your assinine comments to yourself, asshole.

BTW - this looks like a network.  This ALL should be brought out into the light.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-rumored-to-have-been-pimping-out-young-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 23:29 | 1868792 Rentier
Rentier's picture

Mad,nah junked because your post is bias, worthless opinion dribble and an EPIC FAIL!

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:22 | 1867704 lizzy36
lizzy36's picture

Hearsay?

Would you care to elaborate in what is "heresay" in the above post?

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:25 | 1867983 eisley79
eisley79's picture

put brakcets around the vatican warlock assassin section, and go from there...

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 18:47 | 1868062 blunderdog
blunderdog's picture

The legal concept is that what McQuery reported to Paterno is "hearsay."  Paterno didn't see that rape occur, so legally he couldn't act as a witness for that crime--if he were to testify that he knew of the crime, it would be based on "hearsay" and thus inadmissable.

The post itself is an opinion piece, and it's not being entered as evidence in a court, so "hearsay" isn't legally applicable, but the basic idea is, if I tell you someone did something that you didn't see, your "knowledge" of that event is based on my "hearsay." 

In practice, about 99% of what people know about the world is based on hearsay.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 19:48 | 1868236 nmewn
nmewn's picture

The thing here is, Paterno should have picked up the phone and dialed 911 and handed it to the GA who had just told him what he saw...the heresay you speak of. The police would have then conducted an investigation.

He thus voluntarily placed himself inside a conspiracy to obstruct a proper investigation of a crime (observed by an eyewitness). He (Paterno) may have "convinced himself" he acted in good faith...but he didn't.

Now for my opinion, there is a special place in hell reserved for people like Sandusky...Paterno's charge was to place Sandusky in a position to be judged by us here on earth, first. Then, if guilty, place him where there are others like him. If the human race were really lucky, he would have been sent to hell earlier than we had anticipated.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:29 | 1868320 blunderdog
blunderdog's picture

He thus voluntarily placed himself inside a conspiracy to obstruct a proper investigation of a crime

Naw, that's wrong, that's why he's not being charged with conspiracy.  You don't sound like a lawyer.

If he'd been a witness of the act, he might be prosecuted as an accessory, but as a person who just heard the claim from McQueary, he's not LEGALLY bound to report it to the police.

He may be morally-bound to do all kinds of things, but they don't usually prosecute folks for being scumbags.  Only for committing crimes.

 ----------

(EDIT: I should add that he may well be guilty of conspiracy to obstruct justice based on his actions after the fact.  But that case still has to be made.)

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:50 | 1868396 nmewn
nmewn's picture

"Naw, that's wrong, that's why he's not being charged with conspiracy."

Yet.

And I never claimed to be a lawyer, have I?...sounds like heresay ;-)

"(EDIT: I should add that he may well be guilty of conspiracy to obstruct justice based on his actions after the fact.  But that case still has to be made.)"

After what fact? Why would he change his recollection of events after the indictment? There are now 16 kids/victims who have come forward accusing Sandusky.

At the bottom of this we are going to find out that there are many within Penn State who knew or suspected Sandusky of these crimes...and no one lifted a finger to stop it...again, my opinion.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 21:33 | 1868494 blunderdog
blunderdog's picture

I worded it poorly, but what I meant was "after hearing the claim from McQueary."

To have the case for conspiracy, you need to show Paterno and others taking actions to prevent Sandusky's crimes from being prosecuted.  That'd be stuff like destroying evidence, tampering with witnesses, etc. 

To use a simple example, if there were videotape of Paterno telling McQueary that he'd take care of the problem and that McQueary would be fired if he called the police, you've got hard evidence of obstruction of justice on Paterno's part.  If Paterno then went to someone else and told him the details, you've got conspiracy to obstruct.

If Paterno just heard the initial report and did nothing/said nothing/told no one/etc, you've got no real case.  That's just a guy who heard a story--he's not a criminal or conspirator.  As lizzy36 mentioned below, he seems to have lied or erred while testifying about this, so he could possibly still be guilty of perjury.

I agree with your speculation, though--it'd surprise me if there weren't a bunch of folks who had to work to permit this to continue for so long.  Overall, the story is just one big pile of shitscum and douchebaggery.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:08 | 1868572 nmewn
nmewn's picture

Well I worded mine poorly too...heresay/hearsay...face palm. Thankfully the grammar nazis took the night off...lol.

What we know is Paterno contacted administration (instead of the police) for the investigation of a criminal offense reported to him by someone that he trusted enough to be on his staff. This was not a NCAA violation...it was criminal.

I don't expect college coaches to be versed in criminal law and its implications but I do expect them to always recognize right & wrong and do the right thing regardless of the politics of boosters, regents or the guy that signs their pay checks. I've always liked JoePa. Its really a damned shame we have to roll around in the mud with it.

I agree as well, no one will come out looking good here. It smells like alot of people knew something wasn't right with this fucker (Sandusky) and a lack of responsibility on many peoples part (not just JoePa) let it go on.

Don't rock the boat...kick the can...well, this is always the end result of that.

Fri, 11/11/2011 - 03:21 | 1869181 FreudianSlip
FreudianSlip's picture

Give the Sandusky case some time to shake out all the layers hidden facts and people involved.

 

This is not about one pedophile....this is about many men in collusion to hide ongoing practices within their business and social community.  By looking the other way they are either sanctioning the activities or part of the activities.

 

I'm voting many men were doing this and facilitating one another.  Studies say about 10% of the male population is bisexual.  Actually, 10% of married men are/have been bisexual.  Mrs. Sandusky is one example of many married women with a bisexual husband.  

 

Sport............it may be perceived as a sport for control.  Another type of game to win.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:12 | 1868286 lizzy36
lizzy36's picture

I was being facetious.

I actually have my LLB so i am aware of what heresay means.

In fact the issue with Paterno, was not the actual rape, but whether McQuery told him the next morning that he, MCQUERY, had witnessed Slandusky raping a boy in the shower. Paterno was only ever asked about whether the conversation, which he was a party to, had occured between himself and McQuery. And what Paterno did with that allegation. 

Initially last friday Paterno denied that McQuery told him that the rape had occured, four days later he had changed his tune (unsealing of his grand jury testimony helped him out).

Part of the reason that Shultz and Curley were indicted last friday on criminal charges was because they perjuried themselves by lying about whether they had been informed about the alledged rape in the showers in 2002. 

By 2002, Sandusky was no longer part of the coaching staff after "retiring" in 1999 due to another incident where he was showering with young boys. Sandusky admitted this incident to the police, when questioned directly about the incident, and asked for foregiveness. Apparently the police decided that this grab and tickle in the shower with 8-11's was a "boundry" issue and not a sexual assault.

Strictly circumstantial on my part here but one would assume Paterno would have some idea of why his Defensive Coach, the man who many thought would succeed him as head coach, abruptly retired at age 55. So the issue IS NOT what Paterno witnessed. It is that his underlink brought a VERY CREDIABLE allegation to his attention and he did next to nothing with it. And when the shit hit the fan last week initially Paterno denied that McQuery had even brought the allegation of the 2002 rape to his attention.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:27 | 1868331 blunderdog
blunderdog's picture

As an expert with an LLB, can you explain the legal distinction between hearsay and heresay?

More seriously, I don't see what you're getting at.  Based on your claims, Paterno's likely guilty of perjury, which is good to know, I guess, but certainly isn't as serious a crime as the events it seems he was trying to cover up. 

Is that the point?  He should be prosecuted for perjury?

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:14 | 1868585 lizzy36
lizzy36's picture

That made me laugh. Because i deserved it.

I never said I couple spell above a grade one level. 

Also NOT an expert in criminal law by ANY stretch of the imagination.

In your initial post you said "what McQuery reported to Paterno was "hearsay". Technically what McQuery reported to Paterno was an eyewitness account of a crime. If Paterno had been asked to testify as witness to the rape that would have been hearsay. My point was the issue with respect to Paterno was a) the conversation that he had with McQuery the following morning which WAS not hearsay as he was a party to that discussion and b) what he did with the information disclosed to him in that conversation. So the issue with respect to Paterno was never one of "hearsay".

It was always about what the post stated. That Paterno was informed of the alledged rape the morning after it occured, and did next to nothing with the information. He choose Penn State football and his legacy over the protection of kids. 

I agree with you 100% in that the events Paterno was trying to cover up were far far more serious that the fact that he may or may not be guilty of perjury. In fact i would suggest that the evidence of potential perjury goes to the much larger "crime" of covering up and for the sexual predator that Sandusky was and is.

I have no clue why Shultz and Curly were charged with "failing to report the incident to law enforcement" and for perjury and Paterno was not. I am going to assume that the formers positions at Penn State required them, at law, to report the incident to police, while the formers did not.

Paterno is not currently being charged with any crime although he did just hire a criminal defense attroney. 

 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:39 | 1868624 blunderdog
blunderdog's picture

I have no clue why Shultz and Curly were charged with "failing to report the incident to law enforcement" and for perjury and Paterno was not. I am going to assume that the formers positions at Penn State required them, at law, to report the incident to police, while the formers did not.

Well, yeah, the prosecutors wouldn't be publicizing all the known facts, either.  I suspect it's going to be charges all 'round before long.

Personally I'm not quite ready to blame the Penn State football legacy for Paterno's bullshit.  Seems likely, but there may have been other factors. 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 22:17 | 1868591 SmoothCoolSmoke
SmoothCoolSmoke's picture

Sorry. Paterno has never denied McQuery told him about the incident.  In fact, it has never revealed 'exactly' how McQuery discribed what he saw to Paterno.  It is not even known if McQuery used the word "rape"......or said what he saw was sex.  Does it not matter 'how' Mcquery discribed the scene to Paterno?  If I told you I saw a man laughing and playing with a 10 year old in the shower....would you immediately assume pedophilia?  If that's so, then you are are a slander case waiting to happen.

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 23:13 | 1868735 lizzy36
lizzy36's picture

 

 

If any adult BUT the 10 year olds father was in the shower with him, i would assume something was not right and report it. You see i would err on the side of protecting a child over my own name anyday. ANYDAY

When Sandusky was charged last weekend, Paterno's initial
comments implied he knew nothing.

"If this is true, we were all fooled,"
he said at the time.

But a couple of days and 100 degrees of heat later,
his tune changed.

"I should have done more," he said in his retirement
statement issued Wednesday morning.

But he didn't, and children were
allegedly assaulted in locker rooms, and at Penn State bowl games, by a man
whose association with the university could have ended with one phone call by
its most powerful figure
.

 

From Joe Paterno's  grand jury testimony:

 

Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:38 | 1867794 malalingua
malalingua's picture

"Stick to the truth and economics", this post reveals what is at the root cause of all this stuff, depravity.  Read chapter ten of F.A. Hayek's 'Road to Serfdom', Why the Worst Get on Top. 

 

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!