As Merkel ends her speech to the Bundestag on her way out to the Euro Summit, here are the main rhetorical conclusions:
- MERKEL SAYS JUSTIFIABLE TO MAXIMISE EFSF FIREPOWER
- MERKEL SAYS GERMANY `IS NOT THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD'
- MERKEL SAYS EURO CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO FAIL
- MERKEL CITES 'HISTORIC DUTY' TO PRESERVE EUROPE, EURO
But none of that compares to what just was the use of the nuclear mutual assured destruction option, to wit
- Merkel: No one should take another 50 years of peace in Europe for Granted (per DJ)
And scene: Hank Paulson would be so proud