With RBS' ATMs Still Busted, Bank Generously Allows Customers To Withdraw Up To £100 Over Limit
6 days... and counting.
We’re making progress in putting things right and will keep 1,200 branches open until 7pm 25th June and from 8am-6pm for the rest of the week.
We have arranged for our customers to be advanced cash in our branches when they were missing payments and had no available funds.
All ATMs and point of sale transactions are still available.
All our current account customers who have an RBS, NatWest or Mint credit card in good order can now also:
- withdraw up to an additional £100 over their limit, with over-limit fees or charges automatically waived or refunded
- withdraw cash on their card with cash advance fee as well as one months worth of interest waived or refunded
So generous of the bailed out bank.
Putting things into perspective:
- RBS CEO SAYS `NEWS TURNING BETTER' TODAY ON GLITCH, SKY SAYS
- RBS TO KEEP 1200 BRANCHES OPEN UNTO 7 PM IN UK
- RBS CEO HESTER SAYS ACCOUNTABILITY ON GLITCH WILL INCLUDE BONUS - his, or some 1st year technician?
- RBS CEO SAYS `OUR PEOPLE HAVE JUST BEEN STUNNING' SKY SAYS - ATMs... not so much
- RBS CEO SAYS COMPUTERS `SOMETIMES GO WRONG' SKY SAYS - luckily, computers are not in charge of $15 trillion in market cap
But don't run to your nearest branch demanding your money, because...
- RBS CEO `SORRY FOR INCONVENIENCE' OF COMPUTER GLITCH SKY SAYS
And just like that, everything is better.