Turkey Claims Syria Fired On Second Turkish Jet, Says "Act Won't Go Unpunished", Has Invoked NATO Articles 4 And 5
At this point even those who have never heard of the Gulf of Tonkin know where this is headed:
- SYRIAN ACT 'WON'T GO UNPUNISHED,' TURKEY'S ARINC SAYS
- SYRIAN ACT 'HOSTILE,' 'COLD-BLOODED,' ARINC SAYS
- SYRIA SHOT DOWN TURKISH JET WITHOUT WARNING, NULAND SAYS
- TURKEY INVOKED ARTICLES 4 & 5 FOR NATO MEETING, ARINC SAYS
- TURKEY TO PROCEED AGAINST SYRIA USING LEGAL RIGHTS, ARINC SAYS
- TURKISH JET SHOT DOWN IN INTERNATIONAL AIRSPACE, ARINC SAYS
- TURKISH JET 'MISTAKENLY' ENTERED SYRIAN AIRSPACE, ARINC SAYS
- TURKISH JET WAS IN SYRIAN AIRSPACE ONLY 5 MINUTES, ARINC SAYS
Just the tip, eh?
And finally this, which makes it all too clear what Hillary Clinton's endgame here is:
- Turkish deputy PM says Syria has also fired on a Turkish search-and-rescue plane -AP
And from Reuters:
Turkey said on Monday that Syrian forces had fired at a second Turkish plane which was searching for an F-4 reconnaissance jet shot down by Syria last week, but the second plane was not brought down.
Deputy prime minister Bulent Arinc told a news conference that Turkey would protect itself, within the framework of international law, against what it called Syria's "hostile action" of downing its warplane last week.
He said at the end of a seven-hour cabinet meeting on the incident that Syria's downing of the reconnaissance jet would not go unpunished.
Was that jet over Syrian airspace for "only 5 minutes" too?