The Unvarnished Truth About Greece
While Belize is comfortable buggering bondholders, the Greeks (following this morning's headlines) remain beholden to their euro-zone overlords - having survived a few more months on the back of reach-around 'bailouts' and ponzi-financing - all in the effort of providing more time for the 'rest of Europe' to figure out how to handle the 'Athens moment' that is surely coming. With September and October critical 'event-rich' months, Patrick Young, of DV Advisors, provides the clearest and least 'rose-tinted' perspective on where Greece has been, where they are now, and where this will all end. From the forged application for euro-zone membership to Oz-like fantasies of growth and austerity targets that remain pipe-dreams (and are constantly being missed), the bold Irishman in this brief clip explains "Greece has not done anything to really help itself, missed every deadline its been given" and the PM's comments on their 'spectacular come-back' clarifies the 'utter delusion' among the Greek political class because "Greece is bankrupt; full stop; game over" and Merkel must agree to 'let' Greece leave the Euro (post Troika) - as the rise of civil unrest, since whatever new money flows their way exits right out the back door and never 'helps' the people, is inevitable.
Especially following these mixed headlines (via Bloomberg):
- *HOLLANDE: PEOPLE SHOULD STOP ASKING IF GREECE WILL STAY IN EURO
- *HOLLANDE SAYS GREECE HAS TO DEMONSTRATE CREDIBILITY
- *SAMARAS SAYS GREECE WILL STAY IN THE EURO ZONE
- Alexander Dobrindt, general secretary of the Christian Social Union, said he sees no way around Greece leaving the euro area, Bild am Sonntag reported, citing an interview.
- Dobrindt sees Greece out of the euro in 2013
- Greece should receive EU support when it leaves the currency union and have the option of returning: Dobrindt
- advertisements -